Dem0n_Hunter

Reaction score
There is the special effect where it says "--------modify here---------"
here is what I have
Trigger:
  • Damage
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Damage source) has an item of type Cursed Amulet part one) Equal to True
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 15
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set IntegerVariable = (Integer((Damage taken)))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Attacked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIso\AIsoTarget.mdl
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String(((Real(IntegerVariable)) x 2.25))) + !) above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 30.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing ((Damage taken) x 2.25) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
There is the special effect where it says "--------modify here---------"
here is what I have
Trigger:
  • Damage
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Damage source) has an item of type Cursed Amulet part one) Equal to True
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 15
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set IntegerVariable = (Integer((Damage taken)))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Attacked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIso\AIsoTarget.mdl
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String(((Real(IntegerVariable)) x 2.25))) + !) above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 30.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing ((Damage taken) x 2.25) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

First of all, change this line:
Trigger:

to this:
Trigger:
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIso\AIsoTarget.mdl

So far from everyone's post, I see no special effect used.

Dem0n_Hunter

Reaction score
I put that Attacked unit cuz i wanted the special effect be created on the building not the unit who is attacking.
>So far from everyone's post, I see no special effect used.
that's cuz I wanted to put special effect and I believe the part that says ----------modify here----------- is for special effect I wanted

Trigger:
  • (Triggering unit) has buff Critical Buff Placer Equal to True

did u add this later or was it there b4? cuz I asked where the item comes in cuz there was no trigger relating the trigger to the item. or i just didn't see it

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
By using (Attacked unit), you're referring to no unit. In the trigger, (Attacked unit) is not defined by any events. (Triggering unit) here refers to the unit taking damage, in other words, your "Attacked unit" you are looking for.

Yep, I changed it as I realized I didn't add that part. My bad.

Dem0n_Hunter

Reaction score
Well I tested it and it worked, I mean it created the special effect on the unit that's being attack. I'll change it into triggering unit and test it too
Btw, idk if I said this but I really appreciate u helping me and I gave u +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.