Spell: Guided Arrow - Help

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
Im having difficulties creating a guided arrow type of spell.

Basically im not sure how to make the missile's direction change to pursue enemy units.

This is how I've been doing it:
1 - Get Unit facing angle of missle
2 - Get the angle between missle + nearest unit
3 - Alter unit facing of missile, Slightly more towards nearest unit.

Im stuck on step 3, how do I alter a units facing by just a tiny (Say 5 degrees) so that its facing is slightly more aligned towards nearest unit.

thx

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
ehm, why not just create a dummy unit, make him just simply attack the enemy unit you want. Let the dummy unit have ranged attack and the missile-projectile-art you want. Wouldnt that be 10 times easier?

If not, try use Shadow strike, order the dummy unit to cast it.
With the projectile art you want, missile art even, then the DMG done pops up automatic also, no need to create float texts (if you want them :p)

Or death coil?

Or a dummy unit with searing arrows? Cold even, for the frost affect also...

Pigger; oh...well then have a dummy unit "attack one" with the model of the searing arrow? On a target, then, if a "new" target arrives, which is closer, order the dummy unit to attack him once, instead. =)

Pigger

Reaction score
Because the enemy he wants will change depending on who is closest to the arrow.

Although, I wonder if you could do sorta what ManyTimes said with making it attack, expect instead of the dummy unit being a ranged attacker, make the dummy arrow be an attacker, and just periodically make it attack the nearest target.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.