Spell Request [Enhanced possession]

Devalut

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Ive tried making this but completely failed, wondering if anyone else can take a crack at it.

Targets a unit for possession and removes (not kill remove or destroy the hero in any way) the hero from play taking full control over the target. once possessed the unit has the option to leave the unit and return the hero to normal. after leaving the unit the unit becomes ethereal for 10 seconds. if the unit dies before leaving, the hero will be returned but 20% of the possessed units Max health will damage the hero and also will be ethereal for 10 seconds. Cannot cast on hero's.

Now if you cannot do that spell can you make:

simple possession that has a 60 second duration afterwords the unit will become ethereal for 10 seconds and return to its previous owner.

I would much prefer the first, but beggars can't be choosers.
and of course rep to those who go for the trouble.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Alright. First thing, to improve the clarity of your request, I'd like to ask you to edit it making "X" the unit that is casting possession and "Y" the unit that is getting possessed.

Using "unit" everywhere makes it very confusing :S.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
ok. this is gonna be hard but easy and simple.. Sorry if you dont understand, its handwritten. If you need more info just ask... :)

1. When you cast the spell, store the caster in the variable and also the target and its owner. Add the target to a unit group called "Possessed_Group" or something. Hide the caster.
2. Change ownership of that unit to yours and add an ability called "Un-possess" or something to the target.
3. In a seperate trigger with the event "A unit Dies" and the condition "((Triggering Unit) is in Possessed_Group) Equal to TRUE", unhide the caster, cast banish on it for 10 seconds, and deal the damage. In your case ((Max life of (Triggering Unit)) * 0.20)
4. When the "Un-possess" ability is cast, return the ownership, cast banish on it for 10 seconds and unhide the caster. Also remove the "Un-possess" ability.

Devalut

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Alright. First thing, to improve the clarity of your request, I'd like to ask you to edit it making "X" the unit that is casting possession and "Y" the unit that is getting possessed.

Using "unit" everywhere makes it very confusing :S.

X=caster, Y=Target, Spell1= possession, Spell2= leave possession,
Spell3 = Banish.

X unit casts spell1 on Y unit, hide X, give control over Y and add ability spell2 to Y.

if unit Y is under the control of X and Casts Spell2, Return control over Y to previous owner and cast Spell3 on Y, Remove Spell2 from Y, and return X unit to normal.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
View attachment Spell - Possession.w3x

Here. Fully MUI and it works perfectly fine. Note that you can target heroes with possession though. You'll need to switch that off in Targets Allowed (Object Editor).

Most of the editable fields are in the object editor itself.

To implement:

1) You need the 4 triggers under Possession folder in your map

2) You need the 3 custom abilities "Possession", "Release", and "Possession Kickback (Dummy)"

3) You need the 3 variables

Once you have all that, just add the custom hero ability possession to any hero and it'll work. Any bugs or changes please tell me and I'll see to it.

Devalut

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Edit: any way to change it so it can target spell immune?

Edit: Scratch that changed the spell to finger of death instead of channel, works perfectly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.