Star Wars Galaxies ORPG

Turnip

Reaction score
Star Wars Galaxies

Star Wars Galaxies
A Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game​

I have always loved Star Wars Galaxies (SWG) even after the destruction. Now I have decided to make an ORPG on Warcraft III The Frozen throne. The map will be based on the earlier version of SWG, the one I liked, and many others liked, the most. This will require a large team of people to complete!

Code:
Legend:
[COLOR="Red"]Red: Uncompleted[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Lime"]Green: Completed[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Dark Red: Jass Uncompleted[/COLOR]
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Dark Green: Jass Completed[/COLOR]

Code:
Progress:

Coming Soon

Code:
Features:

[COLOR="Red"]Completely Customizable Houses
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Buildable Housing[/COLOR]
20 Professions
[COLOR="#8b0000"]Skill Tree[/COLOR]
9 Races
10 Planets
Over 60 Quests
[COLOR="Lime"]240x240 Map[/COLOR]
Great Terrain
Over 100 enemies to fight
Over 300 items
Artisan Profession[/COLOR]
MORE TO COME!

Team:
Turnip-Main Mapper

I need those who are proficiant in JASS, Terrain, and just all around good map makers to help me make this map. THIS WILL NOT BE COMPLETED WITHOUT YOUR HELP!

More Information Coming Soon

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
THIS WILL NOT BE COMPLETED WITHOUT YOUR HELP!

...Is right.
Are you SURE you want to do something so huge? How much JASS, GUI, Custom Object, Terraining, etc, etc, etc... do YOU personally know? Because if you don't know a lot, I doubt you'll finish this map.

Turnip

Reaction score
I am pretty much extremly advanced in every one of those except AI and JASS. And both of those I am learning.

chovynz

Reaction score
I am pretty much extremly advanced in every one of those except AI and JASS. And both of those I am learning.

Pretty bold statement considering your other posts. I'm not agro-ing, just making an observation.

EDIT: What era are you going to focus on in SW? (I know you say SWG, but if you follow that completly your map won't be BNet-able.) So...What sides, factions, races, timeline are you gonna focus on?

SW models source

Turnip

Reaction score
Pretty bold statement considering your other posts. I'm not agro-ing, just making an observation.

EDIT: What era are you going to focus on in SW? (I know you say SWG, but if you follow that completly your map won't be BNet-able.) So...What sides, factions, races, timeline are you gonna focus on?

SW models source

Ugh, I forgot about the 4mb limit. Damn. . .

I'll just start a semi-poll.

Would you play this game if it was one player only?
1. Yes
2. No

Turnip

Reaction score
Well, I guess this map could be made smaller, into a B.Net friendly map. Just a 240x240 map would work, it would just have smaller terrain.

1337Elite

Reaction score
Just shrink the models down, and zoom the camera in a bit. Maybe change the speed a bit too. And some third perpective camera would be nice with the zoomed in camera. =D

I played SWG a little bit at a friend, before they changed the system and all.. Was a good game, can't say anything about the new, 'cause I haven't played it. :p

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Features:

Completely Customizable Houses
Buildable Housing
20 Professions
Skill Tree
9 Races
10 Planets
Over 80 Quests
480x480 Map
Great Terrain
Over 200 enemies to fight
Over 600 items
Artisan Profession
MORE TO COME!

ZOMG!?!?! You need an optimizer...but it'll proabably go overboard by Blizzard. You expect yourself to drag your butt doing all of this??? This is a HEAVY BURDEN to do this yourself if nobody agrees to help.

But anyways...what kind of help do you need?

1337Elite

Reaction score
I think I could do some terraining and triggering. I just need some reference from the game. :p
And I'm dead sure that you won't need Jass, just because it seems like an advanced problem.

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
Hmm

So far im not sure about the map, but ill offer help when i can on GUI,'s, Dialogs, and triggering etc.. just post the trigger if you get stuck on it in there form and ill help how i can

Turnip

Reaction score
Thanks, but seeing as I am making this based off of the Pre-CU, it will be hard to find a reference for you. This game I am making, no longer exists. Or atleast, the way it used to.

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
Well lemme go look in my archives, i may have the map at one point or another... *Sighs* the joys of having frineds playing on my computers i have probly what... 2000+ maps now... *Grumbles* i need to clean it, anyways lemme take a look when i get home man

chovynz

Reaction score
Well, I guess this map could be made smaller, into a B.Net friendly map. Just a 240x240 map would work, it would just have smaller terrain.

If your first map is succesful you might like to consider splitting the idea into two maps. Maybe (um... Sorry, I don't recall the opposite sides>>>) Empire Vs Rebellion then in the second map you could do Outur Rim Planets Vs Core Planets... or something.

1337Elite

Reaction score
Thanks, but seeing as I am making this based off of the Pre-CU, it will be hard to find a reference for you. This game I am making, no longer exists. Or atleast, the way it used to.

Doesn't the places look the same anymore? If so, I can Google up a lot of screen shots. That wouldn't be a problem.

Turnip

Reaction score
It does look the same, but just the terrain. The way the game works is COMPLETLEY different.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Hm... MMORPG what tries to use JASS, project leader who confirms he/ she knows perfectly GUI and can terrain could even lead this to somewhere. Map size looks scary to me (Was epic 256* 256 ?). When you want to reduce time with creating heroes just make classes ( Bounty Hunters, etc rofl I don' t know much about Star Wars.), I sure enjoy using them because as I have reached to conclusion heroes dosn' t fit nicly into ORPGs (But they sure do as NPC). Please don' t flood map with un-needed doodads, etc. Let there be room to actualy move on ground.
Try to give a slightly more freedom to interfer with battle (Point and click soon turns booring. Better use creative EXP system.)
If you ever have playied Rexxar Campaign that is the BEST show off of World Editor use (Lets start with landscape buildup, see the details ? They haven' t randomly created terrain but thought through how to achive their goal. Pay attention to cinematics there- all quest givers background sound is different, they got unique personality too.

if you got already some terrain done please post some screenshots of it (Use free image host like Image Shack or something.).

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
The map sounds big really big are you sure you can compelted that much?
"This may not be true" but I always thought there was a 4mb limit to a game on b.net thats what I heard
so that may be a probelm

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.