Stealth spell help!

Kike

Reaction score
I am making a melee hero dps and it has an very especial steath spell, every time my hero is near an enemy unit, it became invisible, also the same spell is an blink spell that makes this hero invisible for a short time. You must be asking now... why too many inv skills??? the area of the invisibility is very small, to work the unit may be at 400 range from the enemy, but it has a short delay to fade in invisibility (3/2,5/2 sec) and this blink spell is to come closer undetected (the inv last for 3sec)

Any hint about how to make it?

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
this thread should get you going

now you just need a periodic that checks if the (number of unit within 400 range of (your stealth hero)) is equal to 0
if so, add perma invis then (with perma invis level equal to that of the blink spell level of the stealth hero has)
if not, remove perma invis

fade time can be changed in the object editor for perma invis under Stats - Duration

i am also a little bit confused as to the other bit of your spell, is it really "blink"? not wind walk?

Kike

Reaction score
ok.. I will try it :)

haha things about the object editor I know, my biggest problem is triggering XD

I thinked a lot in which I should get, any of them will work nice :)

Edit: I tryed something really crazy here and in part it worked :) but know, my hero has permanent inv forever --' how can I remove this effect?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Since Wind Walk doesn't interrupt orders, you could add a dummy Wind Walk ability and order the hero to cast it to simulate fading to invisibility.

Kike

Reaction score
the fading and permanent invisibility are working :D the problem is that my hero gains the permanent invisibility is permanent XD

Edit: I can't test it now, but helper, do you think instead of a permanent inisibility power based I use a human invisibility and remove it when the enemy goes alway it may work?

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Targeted Invisibility would be quite beneficial. Simply removing the buff would suffice.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Targeted Invisibility would be quite beneficial. Simply removing the buff would suffice.

you can do this with windwalk also, it places a buff like many other things do.
But you can simply remove the permanent invisibility ability from a unit just as well to remove invisibility.

Kike

Reaction score
you can do this with windwalk also, it places a buff like many other things do.
But you can simply remove the permanent invisibility ability from a unit just as well to remove invisibility.

the problem is that when I tryed removing the perm inv it didn't worked :/ but I changed now, instead of permanent invisibility I will pick the sorceress inv, how many attacks + invisibility forever near the target got a bit OP, so... invisible for at last an action XD

look what I have tryed:

Trigger:
Trigger:
  • Activation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in (Units within 400.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)))) Greater than or equal to 1
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Wind Walk
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of Dark Ranger 0009 <gen>) at (Position of Dark Ranger 0009 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Invisibility to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Invisibility Dark Ranger 0009 <gen>
          • Unit - Add a 30.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Set UnitsNear400units = (Number of units in (Units within 400.00 of (Position of Dark Ranger 0009 <gen>) matching (((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Dark Ranger 0009 <gen>)) Equal to True)))
        • Else - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Trigger:
Trigger:
  • Turn off
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (Number of units in (Units within 400.00 of (Position of Dark Ranger 0009 <gen>) matching (((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Dark Ranger 0009 <gen>)) Equal to True))) Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Invisibility buff from Dark Ranger 0009 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Activation <gen>

It isn't removing the inv :C

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Try putting the triggers into [noparse]
Trigger:
[/noparse] tags, to make them look better.

NotInTheFace

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • (Number of units in (Units within 400.00 of (Position of Dark Ranger 0009 <gen>) matching (((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Dark Ranger 0009 <gen>)) Equal to True))) Equal to 0

The problem is that you are using Triggering unit in your matching condition. It should be Matching unit:

Trigger:
  • (Number of units in (Units within 400.00 of (Position of Dark Ranger 0009 <gen>) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Dark Ranger 0009 <gen>)) Equal to True))) Equal to 0

Kike

Reaction score
thanks :) now the leave system is working, but I only became permanently invisible if I start the effect in the area, if I use and the I enter the area it doesn't work :(

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.