Stock version of WE

TfauxT

Reaction score
I'm wondering, just how good can you make a map using just the original WE version with no mods or helper programs. Some people has discussed to me that it is very limited, limited I agree with but impossible no. Personally I have strained making maps using the normal WE:nuts: but I am unaware of any user friendly mods etc. So I would be glad if any one can point me in the right direction here as to whats good to use with WE for map making.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
using the normal world editor is good enough for most maps, if you constantly using jass some system to help you there might be good, and if you want some limits to be removed the world editor enhancer i think has things to increase the max # of tiles, the map size, and others. im using the NewGen WE atm since im working on learning jass atm

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
I've seen people do stuff in Paint I couldn't do in Photoshop.
A good map needs a good idea, not a "better" editor...

That said, you really do want NewGen.
If nothing else, your editor will never again crash just because you forgot some ) in some line of custom script.

TfauxT

Reaction score
I see. I mostly avoid custom scripts unless absolutely needed, and as for JASS I really ony use for save/load stuff.

But where do I get my claws on a copy of Newgen?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.