Strange Shadow Bugg..

Razed

Reaction score
Hi there, I got this weird shadow bugg in my map and unfortunately I can't find a solution to it. >>See Picture Below<<

The unit you are seeing is having a shadow problem, it occurs for every ground unit that stands in that valley (its an decreased terrain by -2).

If I place the unit on terrain height 0 or higher the shadow is just as it should be, but at decreased terrain it goes up like you can see.

Anyone knows a way to fix this problem (excluding to disable the shadow)?

Attachments

• Shadow Wrong.jpg
    Shadow Wrong.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 60

Xorifelse

I'd love to elaborate about discussions...........
Reaction score
In the object editor, select the footman unit and search for "Art - Shadow Image".
Play around with those values and it should change the shadow of the unit as well.

YaY_simulato

Reaction score
File --> Calculate shadows and save map

You find it in the upper left corner of your world editor
This should fix your shadow problem

Xorifelse

I'd love to elaborate about discussions...........
Reaction score
That does nothing at all to unit shadows.
That only works for the cliff / doodads shadows.

Razed

Reaction score
Well, to be honest. I've tried both of those suggestions.

Changing the values of your Shadow Image indeed changes the shadow patron, but it stays on the same position (away from the unit).
Calculate Shadows and Save Map is also something I tried, but nothing changed it..

And as I told before, it appears that the shadows are just fine when at terrain height of 0 or higher, but at -1 / -2 they are just acting as if the unit (and the shadow) is standing on height 0, while it's on -2 height.

I hope you understand what's causing it...

EDIT: Guys, nevermind! The shadow only appears as the screenshot shows in the editor itself, I was just dumb enough to think that ingame it would be the same, but ingame they are just fine. I'm sorry for the trouble >.<! +rep though :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.