Stuck with my ability

H

HBtheOnly

Okay I'm basically trying to make an ability based off windwalk, which when used will create a dummy unit to use faerie fire on a random unit in radius of 2000 but the dummy unit never seems to use the move on a random unit at all. Here's the trigger.
Code:
Stalk
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Stalk 
    Actions
        Set StalkCasterP[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Create 1 Stalk Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at StalkCasterP[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] facing Default building facing degrees
        Set StalkerUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add a 4.00 second Generic expiration timer to StalkerUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
        Unit - Order StalkerUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Faerie Fire (Random unit from (Units within 2000.00 of (Position of StalkerUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])))
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_StalkCasterP[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))])

Also I'm still stuck on another problem if this were to work because I want it so that if you cancel/break out of windwalk, the faerie fired unit loses their faerie fire as well, how would I go about doing this? Would be really grateful for any help possible including problems with my trigger. Also I'm thinking I should use Last created unit instead of setting the dummy to a variable.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has the Dummy got Mana? - A common mistake

And last created unit should be fine there.

For the breaking out, You'll need to set the faerie fired unit into a variable, then when the unit stops windwalk, remove the faerie fire buff.

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
also, you should know that "random" is a loosly applied term when it comes to blizzard

often times, when given a 'random' location or unit to attack, the code will pick the same one over and over

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
also, you should know that "random" is a loosly applied term when it comes to blizzard

often times, when given a 'random' location or unit to attack, the code will pick the same one over and over

No.

Go to File > Preferences
Click the "Test Map" tab
Uncheck "Use Fixed Random Seed"

And that only applies to Testing maps from WE

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure your spell has enough casting range (At least 2000 is required), that it doesn't cost mana, that the dummy unit is properly created, that the spell has no casting time, that the spell has the right targets, and that the dummy unit has the spell.

If all these statements are true, and if it still doesn't work, then upload your map.

On a related note you should use the event "A unit Starts the effect of an ability" instead of the one you're currently using. :)

> Also I'm still stuck on another problem if this were to work because I want it so that if you cancel/break out of windwalk, the faerie fired unit loses their faerie fire as well, how would I go about doing this?

If the above trigger ever works, then you need to allow the canceling of windwalk in the Gameplay constants and set the random target unit that has been faerie fired in a variable. Detect when the blademaster cancels the windwalk and remove the buff "Faerie Fire" from the unit pointed to by the variable!

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
(Units within 2000.00 of (Position of StalkerUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])
1. that leaks
2. it could be that the casting unit is picked, too

H

HBtheOnly

Yeah I know it leaks, and I've fixed the problem, I forgot that you can't select a unit in fog of war hence why it didn't work before.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.