Tactical Retreat and Move to base

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
I need to make a trigger so my heroes owned by computers with move back 300 wc3 meters when over 100 damage is dealt to them (not spells). And when their health goes below 250 they should retreat to their startlocation. Can any1 help me?

Durandal

Reaction score
Just make a trigger that does

Trigger:
  • Event - A hero takes damage
    • Condition - Damage is equal to or more then 100
    • Action - Issue order to unit

That's not exact, but it should point you in the right direction

HeX.16

Reaction score
Bumping and also in wc3 there is no way to detect the amount of damage a unit deals without a system right?
or maybe adding (damage dealt) to a var.

NuQ

Reaction score
This is weird... ive tried everything from changing the hero's aquisition range to 0 and adding the classification peon-type unit when it's health gets below 250... it still won't stop attacking and heed the move order.

*confused*

HeX.16

Reaction score
I think some1 will need to make it with GDD. Please some1 help meee.

SaintMorose

Reaction score
You use use 2 triggers 1 to store and remove damage taken and the other to back up whenever it's been attack with a damage taken number >= 100

SaintMorose

Reaction score
add to a1
Code:
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    Conditions
    Actions
        Trigger - Add to a1 <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)

a1
Code:
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set TotalDamageTaken = (TotalDamageTaken + (Damage taken))
        If (TotalDamageTaken Greater than or equal to 100.00) then do (Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 500.00 towards (Angle from (Position of (Damage source)) to (Position of (Triggering unit))) degrees)) else do (Do nothing)
now you option after this is to either set TotalDamageTaken to zero periodically or remove each damage being added to it after so and so seconds

Obviously this leaks

Durandal

Reaction score
Yea, Mr Saint here is correct, I did the investigating, and it's impossible with GUI, it's only doable with JASS which is unfortunate

But then that's why their are more talented and intelligent people around like Saint, and by more talented and intelligent, I mean more talented and intelligent then me :(

HeX.16

Reaction score
Wait how can i find the Takes damage function?
NVM got it.
Umm any way to make this Computer controlled players only. I tried an "and" function but it didnt work.

SaintMorose

Reaction score
Make PlayerOwner TriggerUnit equal to Computer a condition for the first trigger

I haven't tested that but in theory it should work

HeX.16

Reaction score
All heroes on my map NOT owned by players.
O yes even if you cant get it i should still +rep you.

SaintMorose

Reaction score
I'm about to go into a 1-hour class where my net connection sucks I'll try to code this up. 1 Last Question would be is there only 1 hero / player or / computer? or are players allowed multiple heroes?

HeX.16

Reaction score
Wait i got it working. Thanks for the help.
Trigger:
  • Setup
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
          • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) controller) Equal to Computer
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Retreat &lt;gen&gt; the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)

Problem was that my test map "wasnt" computer controlled but in my map it works 100% fine.

HeX.16

Reaction score
Bumping i still need the retreat to start location when under 250 health.

SaintMorose

Reaction score
Place it in the unit takes damage trigger

If you want it to over-ride the back up at 100 periodic damage move that section to an else statement while if life of triggering unit <= 250 is true then Order move back to base.

If you wish for the retreat from a damage source first then move to base just throw in a small wait command before your check statement

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.