Tank Actor Issues

AlExAlExAlEx

Reaction score
Hey again guys,

What I'm trying to do here is have a siege tank(sieged) "pretend" to shoot at some points while I actually kill the targets in the points with triggers and regions.

I have successfully(with the help of TheHelper forum) made the tank randomly fire at regions, create the explosion effect and make it animate the firing.

There are two things missing. 1) I'm using Large Terran explosion so there's a pretty big bang.. but that's it. I'd like to make the explosion leave a mark on the region(center). 2) The tank's animation is doing fine, but I can't make him actually "fire".. like the visual effect of the tank firing.(the small explosion at the end of its turret)

I tried using the following code(for issue #2):
Trigger:
  • Actor - Attach Siege Tank Sieged Attack Directed to Turret on Siege Tank (Siege Mode) [14.56, 106.10]

and
Trigger:
  • Actor - Attach Siege Tank Sieged Attack to Turret on Siege Tank (Siege Mode) [14.56, 106.10]

Both just return errors when I try to test it in Test Document. I'd also like to add that I googled so much about actors and everything I found was about how to make them simulate something on an ability, not just on an unit like I'm trying.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You are probably better off creating an ability in the data editor which causes the Siege Tank to attack at your target location and then kill units via triggers (although the killing could be done via the data editor as well). That way, all the sound effects animations and explosions are all timed correctly and would save you a lot of hassle.

I don't know about your skills with the data editor but you should be able to just duplicate most of the effects from the Siege Tank's weapon making things fairly simple. You may want to have a look at some of the data related tutorials here to help you understand what you need to do.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.