TBS movement system?

Sartan

Reaction score
if someone have played final fantasy tactics (to gameboy or any other console) or heroes of might and magic, you know what i'm after.
i'm looking for an easy way to make a TBS movement system for my map, but the first thing that came to my mind was to plase regions on each moveable plase and then set it each able movement in trigger, however that would take to much time.

is there any easier way to make the movement system of a TBS?

p.s TBS stands for Turn-based strategy.

Reaction score
Calculate dist from each square horizontally,vertically, and diagonally. Then if the character wants to move 3 spaces diagonally multiply the constant for diagonals you obtained above and multiply it by 3 then polar proj it from the units location in the direction they want to go.

Or something similar.

Sartan

Reaction score
Calculate dist from each square horizontally,vertically, and diagonally. Then if the character wants to move 3 spaces diagonally multiply the constant for diagonals you obtained above and multiply it by 3 then polar proj it from the units location in the direction they want to go.

Or something similar.

sounds nice, now comes the question how? :p
how do i calculate the distance for a square? or do you mean the grinds squars in the we?
should i make a start point somewere on the map there i want the first square to be?
then what if there is an unwalkable position on the map, how do i detect it and prevent my unit ot move there?
since i aint the samrtest guy on the planet, could you care ot give me an example?

TheCrystal

Reaction score
A single tile is 64x64.. Or was it 32x32... Maybe it was 128x128..
I'm talking unit range scale, btw. I don't know what that exactly translates into.

Edit: (Terrain pathing at (Center of (Playable map area)) of type Walkability is off) Equal to (==) True
That should help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.