temporarily dissallow specific unit control

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
i want to make it so once a unit enters a region the player can not control it for a brief period of time. during that short time the unit will walk to a point.

i already have the trigger set up

i am curently changing ownership of the unit to neutral passive but retaining color.

but i was wondering if there are any alternative ways of doing that which dont involve ownership change.

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
Maybe you could add the locust ability to the unit so that it becomes non-selectable and then remove the locust ability afterwards, this may cause permanent side affects though, but it's worth a try.

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
ty that would work,
im not sure ill use it though due to the side effects.
+rep anyways

Uszi

Reaction score
ty that would work,
im not sure ill use it though due to the side effects.
+rep anyways

Or, you could just use the Player Selects a unit event, and the Player -- Clear selection action.

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Selection - Clear selection for (Player 1 (Red))

You could turn this trigger on/off when the unit enters the region you mentioned.

The plus side is there's no side effects.
The down side is that you can't click on your own unit. Which, I don't know if you mind that or not.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
There is another way: Give the unit the totem classification. This disables all order buttons. However, "smart" orders are still possible, so you should put an event on ordering "smart" and order your unit to "stop" or "move" in response to that.

However, this solution is probably the best, since it comes with the advantage that you can still select the unit.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
There is another way: Give the unit the totem classification. This disables all order buttons. However, "smart" orders are still possible, so you should put an event on ordering "smart" and order your unit to "stop" or "move" in response to that.

However, this solution is probably the best, since it comes with the advantage that you can still select the unit.

I believe "ward" is the classification you are looking for. And this would probably be the best option.

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
While still applying a reorder for smart order, on top of that, you can remove selection upon selection of the unit.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Another thing you could do:
events
a unit gets an order
conditions
unit is in YOURREGION
actions
pause unit
order unit to stop
unpause unit

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.