Terrain Height Trigger

PooBucket

Reaction score
Is it possible to change terrain (negative) height through GUI triggers? I've tried crater but it's really slow and kinda not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something almost instant/gradually fast and make everything in that area fall down too then the ground goes back to normal height.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Terrain deformations are pretty much the only way you can get to something like that. As far as I know, there is no other way to modify terrain in-game.

PooBucket

Reaction score
bump

I tried this as a test but nothing happens D:.
JASS:
function Trig_JASS_Function_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    call TerrainDeformationCraterBJ( 10, false, (udg_P), 2000, 500 )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_JASS_Function takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_JASS_Function = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic( gg_trg_Tes, 20.00 )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_JASS_Function, function Trig_JASS_Function_Actions )
endfunction

PooBucket

Reaction score
Terrain deformations are pretty much the only way you can get to something like that. As far as I know, there is no other way to modify terrain in-game.

I think it's possible because in Predator (a survival game), the Naga Siren makes a huge hole instantly and everything goes down with the elevation. After a while it pops up instantly to its previous state.

Advice please :)

Baby-Bever

Cool Member
Reaction score
I think you already found the line you are looking for, you just have to modify it some...

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Environment - Create a 0.50 second Permanent crater deformation at (Position of Footman 0000 <gen>) with radius 512.00 and depth 512.00

There are several things you can change. First off is the duration (0,50), which simply decides over how long time your change should take place. A low number means that it will go quite fast while a high number means it will go slow.

The second thing you can change is wheter you want it to be a Permanent change or a Temporary change. The temporary change does both reduces the height and increases it back to normal during the time span. The permanent one will cause the crater to be, well, permanent.

Thirdly there is the position, which I assume you already figured out.

The fourth field is the radius, or in other words how LARGE a hole you want to create. The radius is in all directions from the point you selected, and will thus create a circle. If I'm remember somewhat correctly, the distance between two white lines is like 128 units.

The last field is the one I think you're having the largest problem with, to be honest. It defines the depth of your hole, and is default 64, or in other words a very short distance. If you want a bottomless hole, try setting this to an extreme number. Be aware though, when you reach a certain limit (lowers something out of the lower boundaries of the map) the ground and everything on it might suddenly pop up (Perhaps this is what you wanted?) Just for your information, changing this number to a negative one will instead create a hill.

I hope this will be to your help ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.