text tag (integer)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello There,

- I made a text tag 'wave 1/30', but the '1' is an integer of a variable
- The text tag is just floating in the start where the creeps are spawning (tower defense)
- I created a trigger that's brings the integer +1 when a new wave starts

Question

will the text tag automatically change into 'wave 2/30' and higher?

MissKerrigan

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
The text tag will not change when the integer is changed, you will have to store the floating text in a variable, and modify the text of the floating text (via the variable) to
Wave Integer/30

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
it's exactly what I did, I stored the text in a variable, but it's still not working, it keeps showing 'wave 1/30'

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
X-Maul means that you need to reset the text tag text back to Wave Integer/30 for every new wave. Just because you have done it once doesn't mean it will update when the Integer[/i] variable changes.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
thx it works now!

I just created the modify variable (integer) +1 trigger action and destroy the text tag, and create a new text tag in the trigger when a new level starts

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
ohhh that might be easier YES

so that means I only need 1 variable of the type 'text tag' and no integer for the number?

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
No, you still need to save the value of the integer. It might be possible to do without by using a function to return the current text in the text tag, but it's much easier to just store it in an integer variable.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
ahh I see, it's a text converted to integer, so I change the integer +1 and set-up a new text tag after

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
What Siretu is basically saying is; You do not need to destroy and create a new text tag every time, you can instead, change the text of the already existing text tag, IF you stored the text tag in a variable (othervise you wont be able to choose which text tag to modify).

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
yes I stored the text tag in a variable but just changing the integer +1 when modifying the text tag, it prevents that I have to type 'wave 1/30' 'wave 2/30' etc....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.