The creator of the comic 'B.C.' dies at 76

Tonks

Reaction score
ALBANY, N.Y. - Cartoonist Johnny Hart, whose award-winning "B.C." comic strip appeared in more than 1,300 newspapers worldwide, has died. He was 76.

Hart died Saturday while working at his home in Endicott.

"He had a stroke," his wife, Bobby, said Sunday. "He died at his storyboard."

"B.C.," populated by prehistoric cavemen and dinosaurs, was launched in 1958 and eventually appeared in more than 1,300 newspapers with an audience of 100 million, according to Creators Syndicate Inc., which distributes it.

"He was generally regarded as one of the best cartoonists we've ever had," Hart's friend Mell Lazarus, creator of the "Momma" and "Miss Peach" comic strips, said from his California home. "He was totally original. 'B.C' broke ground and led the way for a number of imitators, none of which ever came close."

Read more Here.

---
Terrible...

Krys A Night

Writer
Reaction score
That sucks. Though he did die doing something that he loved to do. I wonder if they're going to do the same thing that they did for the person who drew the Charlie Brown comics. Start to do re-runs of the old comics.

Tonks

Reaction score
That sucks. Though he did die doing something that he loved to do. I wonder if they're going to do the same thing that they did for the person who drew the Charlie Brown comics. Start to do re-runs of the old comics.

Yea. I liked the comic, though it was a little obscure sometimes.

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Aww, damn. I loved B.C. I liked the religious references too. I'm going to miss it... Rest in peace, Johnny.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.