WIP The fate of azeroth...(may change)

War3shade

Reaction score
The fate of Azeroth​
Story : The peace reigned over Azeroth. But regrettably, Dririon, leader of the demons, who was in search for a place to scatter the chaos, found this planet. Now, on all Azeroth, the chaos reigns. You are a soldier, at the moment, you have shown to be talented against the demons. One day, you hear a voice...
Features :
-Inv. system ( 30 items slots)
-Equip. system (you are able to equipz a shield,a weapon,a helmet etc.)
-Funny quests (Not a boring "kill 10 mob" but something more complexe,you'll see ingame :thup: )
-Stats (
*Strenght : +Dmg
*Agility :+Dmg +critic. + Evasion
*Endurance : +Hp + Hp regen
*Intelligence : +SD(Spell dmg.) + spell crtic.)
*Wisdom : +mana +mana regen
-Profession system (player can have 2 profession from Tailoring,skinning,Forge etc...)
-Harder mobs : In other RPGs,mob are just stupid units using an auto-cast ability.But here,they will have triggered abilities,player-like stats etc...
-Trigerred bosses and dungeons (in this ORPG,boss are a really challenges!Teamwork is required and skill too ;) )
-Great funny menu
More features to add after...

Classes
-Hunter :
Level 1 : Sniper Shot : Take 2 sec to strike the enemies with un deably blow from afar.(Attack powerx3)
Level 1 : Grace of the Wind [Passive] : The huntress get +5% evasion chance
Level 5 : Tame pet : Allow veut pas hunter to have a pet.Can choose from many pet depending in the combat style
Level 5 : Fire Trap : Place a trap which cause dmg to the next enemy that approches
Level 7 : Knocking Arrow : Attack power x2 and knock the enemy back
Level 8 : Explosive Arrow : Attack power x2 and x1 atttack power AOE

More soon...
-Druid :
Level 1 : Regeneration : Heal the target unit for SDx0.25/sec for 8 sec
Level 1 : Root : Deal SDx2 and Immobilize for 6 sec

More soon...

Quests
-Fel Orcs?
Kind : Boring Quest
Objectives : Slay 10 Peons
Description :The demons sent Fel Orc here.If we don't do something they will march to nearby villages.We must stop them.To start,slay some of their peons!It should slow they expand in the area.
Reward : 10 Gold,15 XP and a Chest Armor depending in your class
-The betrayers
Kind : Funny Quest
Objectives : Find Clues about the arrival of the Fel Orcs
Description : Long time ago,the Fel Orc betrayed us and allied with the demons.And now,they're newly here.We must find the reason of they arrival here!Search any of their campment.You may find something.
Reward : 15,10 XP
Bosses
-Gar'thog
-Kind : Mini-boss
-Description : A big flat Fel Orc with high HP.Can make himself invulnerable,Knock Player backward,Send out 4 fireball that will explode in random areas or even enter in a defensive stance,reducing damage taken by 25%!
Polls
1)I have got the idea of misc. items for classes (Quivers for ranged,spellbook for casters,Instrument for Bards) but for Melee, what king of misc. item I can make (warriors,rogues etc...)?
How can I help?
Participate at polls (Result in helping decide what to emplement and what not) and give feedback/Suggestion :)
I'm looking for terrainer,if you are good,just PM me

Legacyspy

Reaction score
Terrible spelling and grammar ( though English may not be your first language)
a grand total of two posts and an overuse of smileys.

What makes you think you can finish a project of this magnitude?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score

First of all Legacyspy, if he want to make a project this large and think that he can make it, then let him.

And second, That is not an overuse of smileys, this is overuse:
:eek::(:confused::nuts::eek::rolleyes:;)

@War3shade:
I think that it sounds like a really nice project, even tho I have seen quite a few of these here before. What makes yours stand out from the rest?
Any special features?
How far into the developement of this are you?

You could have durability on the weapons, so that you need to repair them if they get broken and such:)
You could have a dummy item for each weapon and have the real one replaced as soon as one is broken:thup:
This could be a bit annoying, but if you are doing this I suggest you to have some kind of town portal system so that the players don't have to run to long to get to a city;)

War3shade

Reaction score

Yes,it's true!I'm not very good with english.
Are you thinking that I'm going to do a 480x480 map?I know that RPG take time but it's possible to finish them.

First of all Legacyspy, if he want to make a project this large and think that he can make it, then let him.

And second, That is not an overuse of smileys, this is overuse:
:eek::(:confused::nuts::eek::rolleyes:;)

@War3shade:
I think that it sounds like a really nice project, even tho I have seen quite a few of these here before. What makes yours stand out from the rest?
Any special features?
How far into the developement of this are you?
For now,I finished terraining the the first zones and placing Towns,monsters etc..I started triggering the system
You could have durability on the weapons, so that you need to repair them if they get broken and such:)
You could have a dummy item for each weapon and have the real one replaced as soon as one is broken:thup:
This could be a bit annoying, but if you are doing this I suggest you to have some kind of town portal system so that the players don't have to run to long to get to a city;)
I will think about this :)

Legacyspy

Reaction score

He would be better off starting on something he can actually come close to finishing, and then later start a project of this magnitude. I am tired of seeing people come in here to start something that will be "most awesome 1337 orpg" ever, but because all they have are ideas, they all fail.

Yoshii

Reaction score
He would be better off starting on something he can actually come close to finishing, and then later start a project of this magnitude. I am tired of seeing people come in here to start something that will be "most awesome 1337 orpg" ever, but because all they have are ideas, they all fail.
heh sounds like about 90% of all project, a lot people abandon when it take a lot more time than they first thought it would.People should try to do stuff they know they will be able to trigger wise.

trees123

Reaction score
Or instead of making a "small scale map"...he/she can attempt to make a great map, learn a couple of things from doing it, fail, and in the end, become a better mapper overall. What's the harm in that? :rolleyes:

And what kind of person would want to make a small scale map anyway? The world editor is for fun, let the man/woman do what he/she enjoys.

Legacyspy

Reaction score
Or instead of making a "small scale map"...he/she can attempt to make a great map, learn a couple of things from doing it, fail, and in the end, become a better mapper overall. What's the harm in that? :rolleyes:

And what kind of person would want to make a small scale map anyway? The world editor is for fun, let the man/woman do what he/she enjoys.

He is asking us to invest time in helping him design his map, yet him self has clearly not invested any time in it, as it is a trite misspelled copy of WoW. He also has shown no evidence of his ability to actually do anything and seems to correspond map size (referencing his remark about 480x480) as determining the difficulty in creating a game. His inventory system along is a huge processes.

If he wanted to discuss his plans for an ORPG, rather than actually make anything then he should gtfo out of this forum.

If he wants to tinker and experiment then there is really no need to make a thread about it, if he needs help with a specific portion or process then he can make a thread bout it in the help section. That said, if that is what he wanted to do this would be the way to go about it:

The Fate of Azeroth​
Story
So I have decided to start a ORPG. The general plot is that a powerful demon has invaded Azeroth, and the all the races have allied to fight against this overwhelming force. You start as a simple soldier fighting against these demons.

This is really just for me to experiment and try to build and test various systems, here is what I have in mind.

Features :
An inventory system with around 30 slots and the ability to equip varying pieces of armor and weaponry.

Interesting quests, not just generic kill X of Y, but hopefully something more interesting. If anyone has any good ideas about how to spice up quests that would be great.

These are my plans for the various stats:
Strength: +Dmg
Agility: +Dmg +Evasion + Crit
Endurance: +HP + Armor
Intelligence: +Spell Damage + Spell Crit

I will be also attempting to make a profession system similar to the one found in World of Warcraft you will be able to choose two professions from the likes of skinning, tailoring and blacksmithing ect..,

I think dynamic and interesting enemies are an important factor in maps.
To many rpgs these games just have generic enemies with maybe an autocast ability or two. Maybe there could be a Bandit, who when aggroed goes invisble and attempts to back stab you, or an enemy mage who tries to kite you rather then standing still auto-attacking. I don't have much experience with triggers though, so if anyone could help me with this that would be great.

Like wise I think its important for bosses and dungeons to have interesting designs rather than just being a maze with a high hp and damage enemy at the end.

Classes
I only have one class planned so far, the Hunter.

Skills:
Level 1: Sniper Shot, a 2 second cast time ability that does high damage to an enemy from a large distance.
Level 1 : Wind Speed, a passive ability that grants evasion.
Level 5 : Tame pet : Allow the player to tame a pet, various pets will favor different combat styles.
Level 5 : Fire Trap : Place a trap which deals damage to enemies who approach.
Level 7 : Escape! : Fires an arrow that stuns the enemy and causes the hero to leap backwards.

More soon...

Polls
1)Should I change the story, It is kind of generic, but the upside is it gives me a lore reason for the various races to be allied.
2) I was considering adding spell books for casters and quivers for ranged heroes, these items would add passive bonuses to the hero, how ever I can't think of what I would add in a similar style for melee heroes.

How can You help?
Easy : Help me design what I've stated above (Dynamic enemies, ect...).

I understand that ORPGs of this style are a very large project, and while I may not finish it I think I'll learn a lot from the process.

trees123

Reaction score
And where are you getting this conclusion from? Grammar, punctuation? Perhaps he/she is a great programmer, one that doesn't know English well enough to find typos and whatnot. AND He/she is not asking you, specifically, the great Legacyspy to read/help/lick him/her with his/her map. What if, I don't know, say Bill Gates wanted to help him/her? If he/she hadn't posted it, then he would have never known. :p And as far as I know, there is no rule saying, "Only people with enough knowledge of vJass to make such and such may create threads in this forum."

Yoshii

Reaction score
And where are you getting this conclusion from? Grammar, punctuation? Perhaps he/she is a great programmer, one that doesn't know English well enough to find typos and whatnot. AND He/she is not asking you, specifically, the great Legacyspy to read/help/lick him/her with his/her map. What if, I don't know, say Bill Gates wanted to help him/her? If he/she hadn't posted it, then he would have never known. :p And as far as I know, there is no rule saying, "Only people with enough knowledge of vJass to make such and such may create threads in this forum."
thats not what hes saying; this is member project where people post about game they are making.He simply said that the original poster had just idea and nothing else, ie day dreaming and saying stuff when he clearly has not shown even a hint of planning to even be able to do it.That is what we dont need ie fairy tale Godly super awesome RPG in paper only , that is what he was referring to.

I think the thread kinda derailed so that will be all.

War3shade

Reaction score
thats not what hes saying; this is member project where people post about game they are making.He simply said that the original poster had just idea and nothing else, ie day dreaming and saying stuff when he clearly has not shown even a hint of planning to even be able to do it.That is what we dont need ie fairy tale Godly super awesome RPG in paper only , that is what he was referring to.

I think the thread kinda derailed so that will be all.
I said I'm currently triggering the system.Be patient for screenshots :p

He is asking us to invest time in helping him design his map, yet him self has clearly not invested any time in it, as it is a trite misspelled copy of WoW.
What make you think it's "misspelled copy" of Wow.I know what WoW is but never played it.
He also has shown no evidence of his ability to actually do anything and seems to correspond map size (referencing his remark about 480x480) as determining the difficulty in creating a game. His inventory system along is a huge processes.
The inventory don't take many time.I can trigger it in some hours.
If he wanted to discuss his plans for an ORPG, rather than actually make anything then he should gtfo out of this forum.
Making anything?
Is the lack of screenshots making you think that >.<?
If anyone has any good ideas about how to spice up quests that would be great.

I don't have much experience with triggers though, so if anyone could help me with this that would be great.
No offense but...I really hated that :mad:
Seriously what make you think that?
I didn't made many things in my RPG,I admit it,but I posted simply for suggestions and to see if other peoples like the idea.I repeat as said in my other post: I'm currently triggering the systems!

trees123

Reaction score
He jumped to conclusions due to your bad grammar/punctuation/English. Don't worry, I believe in you! xD

Legacyspy

Reaction score
I said I'm currently triggering the system.Be patient for screenshots :p

What make you think it's "misspelled copy" of Wow.I know what WoW is but never played it.

The inventory don't take many time.I can trigger it in some hours.

Making anything?
Is the lack of screenshots making you think that >.<?

No offense but...I really hated that :mad:
Seriously what make you think that?
I didn't made many things in my RPG,I admit it,but I posted simply for suggestions and to see if other peoples like the idea.I repeat as said in my other post: I'm currently triggering the systems!

Your hunter skills are very similar to the ones in WoW.
If you can gui trigger a 30 item slow inventory system in "some hours" then do it and lets see.
What you hated was my version of what you should have said if this was merely an experiment for you, which another posted suggested.

I can tell from what you've written that this project like 80% of the others here wont be finished and will probably die shortly.

Maapik

Reaction score
Your hunter skills are very similar to the ones in WoW.
1 or 2 spells are not sufisants to call it "a MISSPELED copy of wow"
What you hated was my version of what you should have said if this was merely an experiment for you, which another posted suggested.
I think that what you are saying is false.You're not a medium to read in people's mind >.<.Even if it was just planning, it still not have 100% chance to die...

REALLY in-topic :
It's a very nice game :thup:
Hope a beta will come soon.

Legacyspy

Reaction score
1 or 2 spells are not sufisants to call it "a MISSPELED copy of wow"

I think that what you are saying is false.You're not a medium to read in people's mind >.<.Even if it was just planning, it still not have 100% chance to die...

REALLY in-topic :
It's a very nice game :thup:
Hope a beta will come soon.

1. There were more than 1 or 2 spells, but thats not important.

2. Its not a very nice game, its a very nice "plan" of a game. For example this is the car I have planned:

It lookes like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugatti_Veyron
Is powered by an antimatter engine so is VERY fuel efficient.
And it can fly.

Do I have car, no I don't. I admit this is a ridiculous example.

Ideas are easy, actually making something is a lot more difficult.

I am done arguing this. If you guys enjoy discussing and planning, and Stating how good non existent orpgs are then good for you, but that really doesn't belong in this forum. This forum is for member projects, and the creator doesn't have a project, he has a design plan which is far to big for him to accomplish.

Silver

Reaction score
I'm currently looking for a terrainer to...Terrain ^.^

Depends on what you want, but I can terrain for you if you want.
Here's a picture of an abandoned project I did once:
MyNicePic.jpg

War3shade

Reaction score
1. There were more than 1 or 2 spells, but thats not important.

2. Its not a very nice game, its a very nice "plan" of a game. For example this is the car I have planned:

It lookes like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugatti_Veyron
Is powered by an antimatter engine so is VERY fuel efficient.
And it can fly.

Do I have car, no I don't. I admit this is a ridiculous example.

Ideas are easy, actually making something is a lot more difficult.

I am done arguing this. If you guys enjoy discussing and planning, and Stating how good non existent orpgs are then good for you, but that really doesn't belong in this forum. This forum is for member projects, and the creator doesn't have a project, he has a design plan which is far to big for him to accomplish.
No offense but you're guetting annoying >.<
I said at last 5 times That I finished trigger.I only need some terraining and I will upload a beta.
And,as stated Maapik, that make you think it's just plan?Lack of screenshot >.<?
Should I post them to have peace?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.