The FULL story of Warcraft

Sargon

Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
Draenor is on the second continent, where Durotar, Ashenvale, etc. reside. THAT's where Draenor was, and they hailed from it. So they HAD TO sail from one continent to another.

What, are they going to swim?

The reason they sailed away was because they were just finished with the Battle against the Humans. They aaren't going to magically appear on the other continent.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. And no. Draenor is a different planet. That's why they needed the Dark Portal in the first place. The Humans blew it up, and now it's Outland, which is basically a asteroid that used to be part of a planet (Draenor).

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
They change color after they drink Mannoroth's blood, so they were high on that at the time.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
What are you talking about?! ROFL! Man, you MUST be reading something wrong.

Draenar is an entire different WORLD, dude. That's where the Orcs come from, they aren't native to Azeroth. Medivh and Gul'dan created a portal, linking the worlds togethor so the Orcs could come to AZEROTH, the CONTINENT. Here's my proof, straight from the story, from the link which YOU YOURSELF gave on Post 1! :p

After the exiled Frostwolves charged through the portal, only a few orc clans followed. These orcs quickly set up a base of operations within the Black Morass, a dark and swampy area far to the east of the kingdom of Stormwind.

Ta da. Stormwind, which is in Azeroth, the southern region of the Eastern Kingdom. Where the hell were Orcs sailing from? They appeared right where they needed to be.

The proof is in the pudding ;)

-Sagron-

Also, I've got a new theory on the whole Cenarius issue: When you get the Chaos Orcs in that mission, they're red. In Warcraft II, they're all green. Therefore, Grom and company were rather high on demonic blood, high enough to change color. The orcs in Warcraft I and II didn't have enough demonic blood in them to do the damage that Grom et al could.

During this time, the Demons were basically in command of the Orcs. The Orcs worshipped them like Gods! You're saying that the Orcs had more power when a SINGLE clan was TRICKED into drinking a BIT of demon blood then when the ENTIRE HORDE was high off FOUNTAINS upon FOUNTAINS of the stuff? :p

Sargon

Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
They change color after they drink Mannoroth's blood, so they were high on that at the time.

Exactly. I think that Blizzard is planting subliminal drug messages into this game. :p

Sargon

Reaction score
Alexander said:
What are you talking about?! ROFL! Man, you MUST be reading something wrong.

Draenar is an entire different WORLD, dude. That's where the Orcs come from, they aren't native to Azeroth. Medivh and Gul'dan created a portal, linking the worlds togethor so the Orcs could come to AZEROTH, the CONTINENT. Here's my proof, straight from the story, from the link which YOU YOURSELF gave on Post 1! :p

Ta da. Stormwind, which is in Azeroth, the southern region of the Eastern Kingdom. Where the hell were Orcs sailing from? They appeared right where they needed to be.

The proof is in the pudding ;)

Yay, I remember all this stuff well. So that supports my theory that for Warcraft II, it'd be easier to sail to Lordaeron than walk from where they were. It's a straight shot north from most of the eastern coast of Azeroth-nation.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
...So? They appeared in Azeroth, the LOWER continent, and attacked the LOWER continent :) Lordaeron wasn't as badly attacked.

Also, about maps:

That map also doesn't have Northrend :p Blizzard changed a few things for WoW, who's to say they didn't separate the continents? ;)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Nope.

In WoW, (WHICH IS ACCURATE) the Black Morass (A 31+ raiding zone) is near Undercity, very creepy place.

So, in fact, they came from the UPPER continent.

They removed Northrend due to gameplay reasons. Things needed to be changed, but we're looking at the story THUS FAR, with changes included.

Northrend will be coming up in the next year or os, and we will finally unveil Arthas' plans.

Sargon

Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
Aha!

Ya got me, BUT

If you look at the continentsw, they are COMPLETELY SEPERATED!

As you said, the proof is in the pudding:

http://www.blizzard.com/wow/townhall/worldmap.shtml

Right, so they had to sail to Lordaeron for Warcraft II, which allows me to make my point about the wall. Thanks for the supporting evidence!

Sargon

Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
Nope.

In WoW, (WHICH IS ACCURATE) the Black Morass (A 31+ raiding zone) is near Undercity, very creepy place.

So, in fact, they came from the UPPER continent.

They removed Northrend due to gameplay reasons. Things needed to be changed, but we're looking at the story THUS FAR, with changes included.

Northrend will be coming up in the next year or os, and we will finally unveil Arthas' plans.

But they sacked Stormwind, in the southern continent. The announcer says it in the first Human mission in Warcraft II (I don't forget things that are said in silly voices).

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Yes, but they hailed from the North continent.

If you look, they went through that dip, right where Stormwind is settled on the coast. That's where they hit.

If they come going NORTH, then they'd hit the shore, go for miles and miles to Stormwind, unless Stormwind engulfs the whole continent. (WHich it doesn't)

Sargon

Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
Yes, but they hailed from the North continent.

If you look, they went through that dip, right where Stormwind is settled on the coast. That's where they hit.

If they come going NORTH, then they'd hit the shore, go for miles and miles to Stormwind, unless Stormwind engulfs the whole continent. (WHich it doesn't)

The Black Morass is hundreds of miles to the east of Stormwind. Alexander quoted that part of the story on the site. That means that they arrived on the southern continent. If you can, go back and look at the maps and such related to Warcraft II (they may be in the game, I don't remember). There's a nice marker for the Dark Portal, and it's to the east of Stormwind, on the southern continent.

Sargon

Reaction score
There's a nice map inside Warcraft III, which is up to date to where we're arguing to. Interestingly enough, it connects Kahz Modan and Lordaeron with a nice stretch of land. They obviously changed the map for WoW.

The map is the default loading screen background, by the way.

Sargon

Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
Ok, I finally see the light.

http://www.worldofwar.net/locations/azeroth.php

Then, why did they SAIL to Stormwind if they were just a few miles away? That's what confuzzles me.

They didn't. They sailed to Lordaeron, after sacking Stormwind. The sack of Stormwind occurs before Warcraft II, which is where the ships and the wall come in.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
My question is, why did they need to sail to Stormwind in Warcraft II? I've never played Warcraft II, and you have, so that's what I'm wondering about. Is that map I'm look at now not the one from Warcraft II? Is it different?

EDIT: OOOOOHHHH, ok, I get it now. Thanks.

Sargon

Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
My question is, why did they need to sail to Stormwind in Warcraft II? I've never played Warcraft II, and you have, so that's what I'm wondering about. Is that map I'm look at now not the one from Warcraft II? Is it different?

It's different in that part of the continent seems to have pulled an Atlantis. Other than that, you jsut don't know where Warcraft II takes place. Why would Thrall et al start in Lordaeron (remember the tutorial missions?) if they hadn't attacked it and lost in the previous game? If Warcraft II had been taking place near Sotrmwind, they'd be in camps down there.

Sargon

Reaction score
Sargon said:
It's different in that part of the continent seems to have pulled an Atlantis. Other than that, you jsut don't know where Warcraft II takes place. Why would Thrall et al start in Lordaeron (remember the tutorial missions?) if they hadn't attacked it and lost in the previous game? If Warcraft II had been taking place near Sotrmwind, they'd be in camps down there.

You can edit posts? How? Does my confusion have anything do do with the words "Not Registered" under my name?

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Yes and yes. Fill out the confirmation email and you will be able to.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Erm, next to the "Quote" button next to your name. It might be due to the fact that you aren't offically "Registered", which should be taken care of tomorrow when The Helper gets on.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.