The FULL story of Warcraft

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
As some of you might already know, on Blizzard's website they have the full story of Warcraft from the beginning of the Universe to the ends of WoW. I felt as though some of ya'll should read it in your leizurely, as it is very informative and it's a very good story. Here's the link, with all the chapters. Hehe, I'm only on Chapter 1: Sargeras and the betrayal. Enjoy.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/chapter1.html#1

I also made this thread as a place where we may talk about the story of Warcraft, and discuss some of the storylines and plot twists.

I'll start it off, did you know that Sargeras was the first real bad guy in Warcraft? He was the leader of everything, including Archimonde and Kil'jaeden. Archimonde and Kil'jaeden were Sargeras' 2 champions and they recruited demons of there own. Mannoroth the Destroyer was Archimonde's champion while Tichnodrius the Darkener was Kil'jaeden. I'll get back to you on timeline, as this story is very addictive...

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
There we go, works now. Sorry I copied it from a thread I made on the WE forum and decided to put it here. Anyone who is interested in the story of Warcraft should read that. It's quite long, but very good.

Hmmm, I copied it 3 times and manually put the tag and it still puts the '...'. I...hehe and not even to the story of Warcraft I.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Yea, I knew the latter already because they tell you enough in the TFT campaign. I did not know, however, anything before Warcraft III--I never bought Warcraft I or II.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
There is a HUGE story even before the first Warcraft. Hehe, Sargeras is my new favorite character, he is the leader of the Burning Legion and was one of the mighty titans who collapsed into his rage, sewing destruction in his wake. He recruited many different creatures, but his 2 champions were Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde. If you thought Archimonde was strong, think again. Sargeras has immense immortal power, and almost destroyed the world if it weren't for the forces of Tyrande Whisperwind and Mafurion Stormrage. The titans made a Well of Eternity that was Azeroth's power. Later, Azshara, the queen of the Kaldorei grew into the very form of hared and corruption, and planned to help the Burning Legion come to Azeroth through the Well of Eternity. Her plans were succesful, and the thirst for magic by the queen and her people grew to the point that they destroyed the Well of Eternity. Little did they know, Illidan Stormrage gathered the energies of the Well and was the one who created the World Tree by pouring the mystic waters into a lake on Mount Hyjal. Hakala the Dreamer, one of the 5 mystic dragons that watched over Azeroth put a single acorn ino the well which made the World Tree.

I ramble, I've been swallowed by Blizzard's deadly grip, and can't pry myself from the story of Warcraft.

Hehe, do you even know where the druids go when they slumber? They go into the Emerald Dream which is a vast dreamworld created by Hakala the Dreamer, and they use that to keep themselves alive for many more years.

So you see, there's much more to the story than just Arthas, as you know the whole Warcraft III story is based around Arthas. There are other things around him, but he's the main character and he's the one who became the new lich king. Can't wait until the story progresses, Arthas is going to be awesome as the new lich king, I wonder how much destruction he shall sew into the world of Azeroth. GO ARTHAS!!!!! KILL THOSE SON OF A BITCHES!!!!!!! (as you can see, I heavily favor the bad guys.)

DUDE did you know that the first lich king, Ner'zhul was actually an Orc shaman?!?!?!?! Oh my god, I love Blizzard and there insane stories!!!!!

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Sorry dude, let the others read it at their own pace :D

I, myself, finished it when I posted my message just before your one above this one.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is that Ner'zhul didn't exactly betray Kil'Jaeden.

1) He's not under Kil'Jaeden's control. If I recall correctly, it was Sargeras that created him and Sargeras is now defeated as Illidan absorbs the Skull of Gul'dan and uses the Eye of Sargeras. Now that Sargeras's body is totally destroyed at the bottom of the ocean, he's only a use as a spirit, and Medivh was killed and as far as I know, the spirit of Sargeras was banished.

2) He, the Lich King, wasn't going down from any particular rule. I considered that he was supposed to collapse Lordaeron, and that's what he did. Rule it? Perfectly viable, it's not like those Nethrezim did much for fighting with the Undead. Basically, it was their claim. I fail to see why it's a problem that the Scourge claimed its conquered land.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Ahh, I see we have a little discussion going. First off, Kil'jaeden DID create the Lich King, Ner'zhul betrayed Kil'jaeden by not doing what he ordered and Kil'jaeden ripped his body apart and sealed it into a block of ice. The reason he wanted to destroy him when he was Lich King was because he was getting to powerful and his Telepathic powers were vast beyond comprehension, that's why Kil'jaeden order Illidan to destroy the Frozen Throne. Plus, his Scourge was becoming almost as big as the Burning Legion, no wonder Kil'jaeden wanted him dead.

I wonder what happened to Azshara once she grew into the horrible being of hate and rage. One other thing, I might've overlooked how Sargeras' bodyw as destroyed but I do know that Sargeras' power was so immense, even with his body gone he could easily enslave any being he wanted. I wonder why he doesn't just do that to the people of Azeroth and Lordaeron and so forth. I mean, he did control Medivh with great ease, why can't he do it to other people to?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by XXconanXXX
Ahh, I see we have a little discussion going. First off, Kil'jaeden DID create the Lich King, Ner'zhul betrayed Kil'jaeden by not doing what he ordered and Kil'jaeden ripped his body apart and sealed it into a block of ice. The reason he wanted to destroy him when he was Lich King was because he was getting to powerful and his Telepathic powers were vast beyond comprehension, that's why Kil'jaeden order Illidan to destroy the Frozen Throne. Plus, his Scourge was becoming almost as big as the Burning Legion, no wonder Kil'jaeden wanted him dead.

I wonder what happened to Azshara once she grew into the horrible being of hate and rage. One other thing, I might've overlooked how Sargeras' bodyw as destroyed but I do know that Sargeras' power was so immense, even with his body gone he could easily enslave any being he wanted. I wonder why he doesn't just do that to the people of Azeroth and Lordaeron and so forth. I mean, he did control Medivh with great ease, why can't he do it to other people to?

Eh, I thought it was Sargeras. My bad.

I believe she's still down underneath the Maelstrom, comfortably sending more and more Naga up to the surface to follow and serve Illidan.

But his spirit was banished in the whole Medivh incident, if I recall.

Even with Sargeras's power, all of the kingdom's mages can get together to banish him and hurt him greatly. If he tries to hold more than one person to his will, the mages can find out and act upon it. In Medivh's case, he's a great Guardian, so it would be hard to act upon him.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Haha good assumption(I think I used that word correctly).Sargeras' soul wasn't banished when he was casted out of Medivh, it still lurks somewhere in the Twisting Nether. I think I have finally figured it out. I know Sargeras is still alive but I think he might still be trying to conquer other worlds. It seems Archimonde and Kil'jaeden are the ones that are after the lands of Warcraft. Soooo, I think Kil'jaeden and Archimonde are te 2 who are trying to conquer the World of Warcraft. Wait, whatever happened to Archimonde? Did he die in the battle of Mount Hyjal or what? I've beaten Warcraft 3X but not the original. He dissapears in 3X and Kil'jaeden sort of takes over.

GOD I can't wait to see what happens to Arthas after this...

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
You could say he died. Read the story closely. If it somehow didn't destroy his spirit, it would have blasted his body beyond repair. So, he's either secretly trying to gather up another army via spirit, or he's dead completely.

But if you play RoC, you will see the cinema of what happend as well. Stupid, stupid Archimonde....

You have to dodge Archimonde's forces for fifteen or so minutes with three or so bases. At the end, Archimonde ends up opening the door to the tree and walks up to touch it to grasp its energies for himself. But the tree suddenly gives off a shockwave as thousands of wisps pop out of its leaves. The explosion incinerates a highly detailed Archimonde and destroys his whole army (not in the cinema, but you can guess they're behind him). The "rage" of the Tree and the Eternity Well, the story puts it.

Arthas is probably a Demigod now. Truly, I don't think you should cross his path in WoW unless you're one of his servants. The only limit to the Lich King's energies was that he broke Frostmourne from himself, so now the limit is gone. Now that they're in one entity, it'd probably take Kil'Jaedan, Sargeras, and Archimonde together to take him down.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
God, (Using cheats) I'm going to beat Warcraft III and see that cinema, sounds cool.

Sargeras body was totally destroyed but his spirit is still living. His vast, immense power is uncomprehensible, so his soul is still alive. He's still in the Twisting Nether, doing something we are not aware of as they do not talk about it in Warcraft III. His soulw as banished from the world of Warcraft when he was violently expelled from Medivh's body.

It's now more a fight between Kil'jaeden and his dreadlords with Arthas.

As you said (thanks for ruining it for me! You made me cry! *sniff sniff*...) Archimonde is dead, along with his POWERFUL Pit Lords such as Monnoroth.

I've got a feeling that someone (maybe Sargeras) is going to pop up and fight the Lich King. It would be quite boring if there were no more characters that were going to try to stop Arthas.

Haha did you like the Warcraft 3X cinema ending? Oh my god that was awesome. Arthas looks sooo cool^-^.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Yea, it was cool.

The Pit Lords are gone? You're crazy!

Mannoroth is dead due to Thrall and Hellscream--Hellscream is killed in the fight. This happens earlier on in RoC.

Magtheridon is an old Pit Lord who ruled over Draenor for thousands of years (through Warcraft II AND III)

The other Pit Lords however....

I'm quite aware that a lot of them are still around, but following Kil'Jaedan. It's the same with the Nethrezim (the Vampire warrior dudes). They still live even though their best three were killed (Tichondrius and his two lackey Nethrezim).

Mind

Reaction score
The Lich King has no great physical power, but has magnificent telepathic capabilities.
I'm certain that he is not invincible at all.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Mind brings up a good point. The old Lich King has no real physcical, as he was incased in a block of solid and magical ice. Arthas has a little bi of physcical strength, but even he couldn't take on even Malfurion with no mental strength.

Your probably right. But all the cool and evil dudes are gone :'(. Like Vara'thramas(spelled it wrong but don't feel like looking it up), Tichondrius, and Mal'Ganis are gone. So is Archimonde and Mannoroth. Only ones who are left are Kil'jaeden, Arthas, and Sargeras (who isn't present in the world of warcraft at the moment). The pit lords and the Nethri'zim are still alive but none of the cool ones that were actually powerful.

Wait wait wait, now that I thiknk of it didn't Mannoroth get killed by Illidan and Kael when they went to the Barrens to meet up with Kil'jaeden???

Mind

Reaction score
Like Vara'thramas(spelled it wrong but don't feel like looking it up),…

Balnazzar and Detheroc, two of the three Dreadlords that controlled the Undead Scourge in Lordaeron were slain by the Undead Insurgents, led by Sylvanas Windrunner, who enslaved the thirth Dreadlord, Varimathras. Varimathras isn't dead yet, but is still serving Sylvanas Windrunner, the Dark Ranger.

Tichondrius, and Mal'Ganis are gone.

Mal'ganis isn't spelled entirely correctly.

So is Archimonde and Mannoroth. Only ones who are left are Kil'jaeden, Arthas, and Sargeras (who isn't present in the world of warcraft at the moment).

Of course, there are many more great heroes left; Thrall, Kael'thas, Jaina Proudmoore, Rexxar, Rokhan, Arthas, Lady Vashj, Cairne Bloodfhoof, Tyrande Whisperwind, Furion Stormrage, Lady Sylvanas, Anub'Arak, Akama, Kil'Jaeden and Varimathras are all those I remember.

The pit lords and the Nethri'zim are still alive but none of the cool ones that were actually powerful.

If I'm correct, the Dreadlords are called the "Nathrezim".

Wait wait wait, now that I thiknk of it didn't Mannoroth get killed by Illidan and Kael when they went to the Barrens to meet up with Kil'jaeden???

The Blood Elf and the Naga forces fled to Outland to evade Kil'Jaeden's wrath. In order to conquer the asteroid, they sealed the Dimensional Waygates that connected Outland to the other planets controlled by the Burning Legion and overthrew Magtheridon.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Haha, I'm glad I made this thread. I've only reently read up on the story so I don't fully understand it, so I appreciate that we can discuss it and learn from eachother:).

Originally posted by Mind
Of course, there are many more great heroes left; Thrall, Kael'thas, Jaina Proudmoore, Rexxar, Rokhan, Arthas, Lady Vashj, Cairne Bloodfhoof, Tyrande Whisperwind, Furion Stormrage, Lady Sylvanas, Anub'Arak, Akama, Kil'Jaeden and Varimathras are all those I remember.

Well, what i meant is the really bad guys. Some are still present, but msot of them don't play huge rolls in the story. I did forget about Sylvanas though, as she is moving up the ranks in the Undead army and migth even make her own army (maybe she has the Forgotten, but I don't remember if it was her army who broke off or if it wasthe survivors from her wrath)

For the bad guys, Anub'arak isn't a big hero in Warcraft, and Varimathras is a friggin wuss for easily succumbing to Sylvanas' power. Kil'jaeden is one of the most powerful bad guys in Warcraft, since he's right below Arthas (who's power is great beyond comprehension) and Arthas is right below Sargeras who is the most powerful bad guy in Warcraft even though we don't know where the hell he is right now. (Perhaps in the Twisting Nether?)

Thanks for clearing that up Mind. As I think about it now, Illidan and Kael'thas were running from Kil'jaeden because they couldn't succeed in destroying the Lich King and Kil'jaeden caught them, am I correct?

Mind, you sure do know your Warcraft dontcha?:)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
It's the Nethrezim, not the Nathrezim, which is the a bad spelling of a WoW server. In the very story it is spelled Nethrezim way more than it is Nathrezim. The writers certainly don't have a lot of english wit and teaching :/

Mind

Reaction score
Kil'Jaeden is certainly endlessly more powerful than the Lich King. It was Kil'jaeden who transformed Ner'zhul, the former Orcish Shaman, into an ethereal being. Indirectly, Kil'jaeden is the Lich King's creator.

T

ThaZealot

Kil'jaeden is not more powerfull than The Lich King. If you read the story it says that "Encased within the frozen cask, Ner'zhul felt his consciousness expand ten thousand-fold. Warped by the demon's chaotic powers, Ner'zhul became a spectral being of unfathomable power". At that time he became almost as powerfull as Kil'jaeden, but didn't have a body so he could't do any physical damage, only psychic damage and mind controling. But when he was in Northrend he became more powerfull over the time and when Arthas took the The Lich Kings helm on his head, he got a body became even more powerfull that Kil'jaeden. That is why Kil'jaeden tryed to kill The Lich King when he was still in the icy cask because he knew he would become to powerfull if he got himself a body. The only one more powerfull is Sargeras, but no one know where he is (his spirit was banished to the abyss, but he may come back). I have one question: Was it Illidan who killed Tichondrius after he stole the Skull of Gul'dan? I can't remember and don't want to go through all that for only that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.