The FULL story of Warcraft

Sargon

Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
Erm, next to the "Quote" button next to your name. It might be due to the fact that you aren't offically "Registered", which should be taken care of tomorrow when The Helper gets on.

All right, cool.

Anyway, back to the wall. I think that that wall could easily beat that fleet. First, the game's specifications don't neccesarily apply to the "real" life of the world. Also, the cannons on those walls are higher up than on Ogre Juggernauts. There are also a ton of them. Take out the Juggernauts, take out the Destroyers, The transports have nowhere to land on account of the wall coming to within two yards of a rocky coast, and that's a clan dead right there.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
That's always been a strategy in older wars.

The walls keep them at bay long enough for the towers and other men to take them out. Though the walls might be relatively destroyed, the towers and men are typcailly untouched.

Sargon

Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
That's always been a strategy in older wars.

The walls keep them at bay long enough for the towers and other men to take them out. Though the walls might be relatively destroyed, the towers and men are typcailly untouched.

The only problem with that cintematic is that at the end, the Orc fleet is really, really close to the wall. Like, two hundred yards off. They'd have been firing for at least fifteen minutes before they got that close.

Of course, that could be artistic licence, a problem with the perspective, or any number of things.

For that matter, why are there Zeppelins there? Zeppelins don't do anything but scout until Warcraft III, so why aren't they scouting ahead?

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
And where were the Titans during all of this? Sitting back in their celestial couches and armchairs, smoking a beer and drinking a cigarete, taking bets on who would win and occasionally shifting things around so that the fight would continue or simply to laugh as everybody ran around in confused circles and was then slaughtered?! ?! ?!

Not very good people -_-

Rofl, it would be so cool if Blizzard created a Sunken (as in underwater still :p) Ruins and Outland for us to enter :D :>)

Maybe they can make it an exp. pack lol!

Well, the Zepplins had SOME relevance, and besides that just look cool.

I think scouting is very useful, especially in war, and even more so when you have huge walls blotting out the sun, moon, and everything in between -_-

Sargon

Reaction score
Shadowy Fear said:
And where were the Titans during all of this? Sitting back in their celestial couches and armchairs, smoking a beer and drinking a cigarete, taking bets on who would win and occasionally shifting things around so that the fight would continue or simply to laugh as everybody ran around in confused circles and was then slaughtered?! ?! ?!

Not very good people -_-

Rofl, it would be so cool if Blizzard created a Sunken (as in underwater still :p) Ruins and Outland for us to enter :D :>)

Maybe they can make it an exp. pack lol!

Well, the Zepplins had SOME relevance, and besides that just look cool.

I think scouting is very useful, especially in war, and even more so when you have huge walls blotting out the sun, moon, and everything in between -_-

Yeah, but they weren't scouting in the movie. Oh well, I guess it's just artistic licence.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Or maybe they just thought it looked cool?

Hey, no fair! -.- How come it makes sense when HE says it?! Lol!

This is what I've been trying to say the entire time. That scene probably didn't REALLY HAPPEN, because the Orcs DIDN'T HAVE A PLACE TO SAIL TO!
-.- In WC2, Khaz Modan and Lordaeron were connected. The Orcs arrived in SOUTH EASTERN AZEROTH, and they did most of the damage to Khaz Modan and Stromwind.

I don't even remember if they went anywhere near the Elves of Quel'Thalas...I'd have to read the story again, which I don't have time for now...

I will later though, and then we'll see how it happened ;)

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Lolol, they were probably too busy slaughtering each other to scout.

Yes, Quel-Thalas was burned if I remember correctly :>) There were a few levels that involved razing it.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Shadowy Fear said:
Yes, Quel-Thalas was burned if I remember correctly :>) There were a few levels that involved razing it.

You'd be right if I was referring to WC3 :p I mean in WC2 and 1. Did the ORCS ever get to Quel'Thalas?

DM Cross

Reaction score
In all of history, the Orcs never moved against the Elves? :p Mabye that's why they lost the first time, rofl!

Or are you STILL referring only to WC3, when I am talking in a much more general range of forever? ;)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Yes, they never touched the Elves.

I know that for a fact.

The Elves were only attacked by trhe Scourge, and that was to ressurect the Lich Kel'Thuzad. They might've been attacked once more, but that would only be in retaliation to their actions upon the Scourge.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Well, that's not completely true.

The Elves originally had a huge war with the Trolls of Lordaeron. They USED to be a huge force in the northern kingdom, but the mages of both Stromwind (this is before Dalaran was founded) and Quel'Thalas banded together and destroyed almost all of them. They never recovered their numbers...

Also, did you know that the Quel'Thalas mages (Elves) are responsible for the Humans knowing magic at all? Before that, they were all just warriors, living in tribes. Lothar's VERY ancient ancestor banded all the tribes together to unit the humans as one race. Then the Elves joined them when they needed help with the Trolls. In return for the strength the humans supplied, the Elves taught them magic.

I think the Dwarves came in sometime after.

Sargon

Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
Yes, they never touched the Elves.

Bah, in the second mission in the Orc campaign in Warcraft II you rescue Zul'jin from the Elves. I think that counts for something, though it's obviously not a full-scale attack.

Actually, come to think of it, I'm not sure who you rescue him from. But I think it was the Elves. It makes sense, in any rate.

On an entirely unrelated note, my friend once called up my other friend and said that he was stuck on the "Queegee level" and that he couldn't rescue "Queegee." It turned out that he had mistaken Zul'jin for Queegee. We called him Queegee for three years.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
No, the horde did get to Quel-Thalas :p

I remember it on one or two of those levels, where you had to go in and destroy the elves ...

For another one, you had to take control of the Elven Runestone.

(yes, that WAS intentional lolol)

DM Cross

Reaction score
I haven't played WC2 in SOO long, I don't remember most of it...Going to go read the story a bit, to brush up :D

-Edit-

Ultimately King Llane was assassinated by one of the Shadow Council's finest killers: the half-orc, Garona.

That's the half-orc I told you about.

Lord Lothar rallied the remnants of Azeroth's armies after their defeat at Stormwind Keep, and then launched a massive exodus across the sea to the northern kingdom of Lordaeron.

You guys were right, they DID sail north. I always thought they could have walked, but most of that land is Khaz Modan, mountain area. Perhaps it was unfit for travel. :p My bad.

As part of its northern campaign, the Horde succeeded in burning down the borderlands of Quel'Thalas, thereby ensuring the elves' final commitment to the Alliance's cause.

Looks like Shadowy was right. The Orcs DID get to Quel'Thalas, AND they did some damage while they were there.

Holding Ner'zhul's spirit helpless in stasis, Kil'jaeden gave him one last chance to serve the Legion or suffer eternal torment. Once again, Ner'zhul recklessly agreed to the demon's pact. Ner'zhul's spirit was placed within a specially crafted block of diamond-hard ice gathered from the far reaches of the Twisting Nether. Encased within the frozen cask, Ner'zhul felt his consciousness expand ten thousand-fold. Warped by the demon's chaotic powers, Ner'zhul became a spectral being of unfathomable power. At that moment, the orc known as Ner'zhul was shattered forever, and the Lich King was born.

This is after Draenar exploded, when Ner'zhul tried to open up a LOT of portals to other worlds. He rushed through one, only to find himself in the Twisting Nether, home of the Burning Legion.

War of the Spider

While Thrall was liberating his brethren in Lordaeron, Ner'zhul continued to build up his power base in Northrend. A great citadel was erected above the Icecrown Glacier and manned by the growing legions of the dead. Yet as the Lich King extended his influence over the land, one shadowy empire stood against his power. The ancient subterranean kingdom of Azjol-Nerub, which had been founded by a race of sinister humanoid spiders, sent their elite warrior-guard to attack Icecrown and end the Lich King's mad bid for dominance. Much to his frustration, Ner'zhul found that the evil nerubians were immune not only to the plague, but to his telepathic domination as well.

The nerubian spider-lords commanded vast forces and had an underground network that stretched nearly half the breadth of Northrend. Their hit-and-run tactics on the Lich King's strongholds stymied his efforts to root them out time after time. Ultimately Ner'zhul's war against the nerubians was won by attrition. With the aid of the sinister dreadlords and innumerable undead warriors, the Lich King invaded Azjol-Nerub and brought its subterranean temples crashing down upon the spider lords' heads.

Though the nerubians were immune to his plague, Ner'zhul's growing necromantic powers allowed him to raise the spider-warriors' corpses and bend them to his will. As a testament to their tenacity and fearlessness, Ner'zhul adopted the nerubians' distinctive architectural style for his own fortresses and structures. Left to rule his kingdom unopposed, the Lich King began preparing for his true mission in the world. Reaching out into the human lands with his vast consciousness, the Lich King called out to any dark soul that would listen....

This is one of the most unknown wars in all of Warcraft, and that's just sad -.- It sounds like quite a hell-like fight, to me...

Someone *winks at CONAN* should make a map about it :D

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
AHAHAHAHAHA I KNEW YES! *pumps fist in air*

IN YOUR FACE I WAS RIGHT AHAHAHA! :p

Lol, joking :p

--- *sees alexander wink*

*Heads turn to look at conan, inquisitive glances and gestures passed, conan whistling innocently*

DM Cross

Reaction score
Think of all the good maps to be made based off the history, though.

Perhaps a campaign of the High Elves sailing to Lordaeron, and setting up in Trisfal, only to fail. Then they move onto Quel'Thalas only to become under seige by trolls.

What about the Gnomes and their battle for their homeland against the Troggs? We all know they lost, but why not explain it a bit? Hell, maybe even make the Troggs a playable race! :D I'd love to see a creative new rock-based race.

Then, look at the books they have out. Make a Day of the Dragon map, a Lord of the Clans map, a The Last Guardian map...

So many ideas to be made, if only someone would stop and take the time...

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Well, we could always kidnap some of Blizzard's map creators, or kidnap ryoko, conan, aceheart, darg, vexorian, darky, and all the other great modders :p :>)

I won't allow myself to consider other map possibilities, or else I will never finish MY map :p

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
wow you guys arque alot

the elves were attcked by the orcs in the history it says soemthing about the allince helping the elves rebluid

and you all forgot my favortite hero when listing guys

Kel'Thuzad! the lich Arthus left him in charge of Lodoran while he journeyed to Northrend Kel"thuuzad is cool in the entire game he is always there to help Arthus he rules

EDIT: mabey im makeing to many connections but if you notice (it will probley be gone soon) (but when i wrote this it was true) the first post on the list has 3 replays thats 9/3 the next one is 63 thats 9*7 then its 99 9*11 OMG TO MANY 9s! sorry this probely came about from reading The Dark Tower by Stethpen King (all about 9s 19s and 99s in the Wolves of the Calla (i am reading them out of order))

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.