The FULL story of Warcraft

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Kil'jaeden can be pissed all he wants, but with Archimonde dead and Sargaeras in the abyss, he'd need some kind of mortal sorceror to allow him to manifest in that world. Otherwise, all he can do is appear and annoy Illidan and shake his finger at him and stuff.

Not only that, the scourge appears more powerful than the now rag-tag burning legion, which means, if a demon like Kil'Jaeden was to attempt entry in the world, the now near-demigod consciousness of Arthas is going to notice it, and go after it. Of course Arthas still has that undead civil war to fight, so perhaps it'll provide a distraction in wow.

Kil'Jaeden's smart enough to know that his allies and choices are extremely limited on Azeroth, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gives Illidan further chances to redeem himself.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Kil'Jadeon (did I spell it right this time? :p) SEEMED to appear in Azeroth, before Illidan started going after the Frozen Throne. I don't know if that was an illusion, that's not exactly what they said. In honesty, I think it was really him. The Legion had already invaded, so there's a good chance he was ALREADY summoned in.

Also, he APPEARED in Outland. He popped up, coming in the huge storm, at the end of the TFT Alliance cinematic :p Plus there was a demonlord RUNNING that world, so it's probably so shattered to peices that demons can sort of walk around freely if they can open a gate, which I doubt is hard for the strongest (now that the ones above him are dead) Demonlord.

Anyone ever notice that as the strong Demonlords die and the Legion passes to the next one, their fate gets worse and worse? ROFL, what's this tell anyone? :p

Sud

Reaction score
No, because Illidan's whole reason for going to outland was to try and evade the wrath of Kil'Jaeden for failing him the first time. The dreadlord in outland was very likely disenfranchaised from the burning legion - as Dreadlords frequently do, once they get a bit of power for themselves or are threatened, they quickly shift alliances and just generally march to the beat of their own drum. If it was a loyal Dreadlord, Kil'Jaeden would have likely loaned him support. Seemed to me that Kil'Jaeden just watched the events that transpired there as a test to see which of the two was more powerful, then he appeared to Illidan after he was victorious to give him a second chance.

The whole campaign for the burning legion was that it wanted to invade Kalimdor and consume the energies of the well. In the light of the fact that they simply cannot just walk into the physical world there, it's very likely that they rely on summoners or other agents from that world to get them in there. I don't believe Dreadlords have the power to do this because 1. they're demons, not spellcasters and 2. they're extra-dimensional and are likely not able to wield the magical power from the well - it's like an incompatibility exists, they need to corrupt something before they can wield its energies.

That's likely why Ner'Zhul was chosen to be the lich king and Kel'Thuzad was needed to gate in Archimonde, the legion needs agents that are part of that dimension, otherwise it would have been a simple task to simply have a demon fulfill the role of the lich king and just cast Ner'Zhul soul into eternal torment. Even Sargeras was unable to fully manifest himself in the world, always having to bind his spirit to some kind of host.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Sud said:
No, because Illidan's whole reason for going to outland was to try and evade the wrath of Kil'Jaeden for failing him the first time. The dreadlord in outland was very likely disenfranchaised from the burning legion - as Dreadlords frequently do, once they get a bit of power for themselves or are threatened, they quickly shift alliances and just generally march to the beat of their own drum. If it was a loyal Dreadlord, Kil'Jaeden would have likely loaned him support. Seemed to me that Kil'Jaeden just watched the events that transpired there as a test to see which of the two was more powerful, then he appeared to Illidan after he was victorious to give him a second chance.

What Dreadlord in Outland? Magtherodin? He was a Pit Lord :p Different species of Demon. Kil'Jadeon? He's an Eradsomething Warlock, again, different type of Demon. Interesting idea that Kil'Jadeon just wanted to see if Illidan could hack it. I doubt he'd have asked Magtherodin, though, since he really did seem to be a separate faction from the Legion. Though, he did mention the Legion sending Illidan to test him (in ignorance, yes, but it seemed like he was surprised the Legion would send someone to kill him :p Thus hinting at something of an unstable friendship, at least)

The whole campaign for the burning legion was that it wanted to invade Kalimdor and consume the energies of the well. In the light of the fact that they simply cannot just walk into the physical world there, it's very likely that they rely on summoners or other agents from that world to get them in there. I don't believe Dreadlords have the power to do this because 1. they're demons, not spellcasters and 2. they're extra-dimensional and are likely not able to wield the magical power from the well - it's like an incompatibility exists, they need to corrupt something before they can wield its energies.

Sorry, but you're wrong again :p Getting your Demons mixed up. Dreadlords actually DID pretty much poof in and out of our dimension, but it seemed like, even as a collective force, they weren't as powerful as the full force of the Legion. (Not that there's any left, now :rolleyes: )

That's likely why Ner'Zhul was chosen to be the lich king and Kel'Thuzad was needed to gate in Archimonde, the legion needs agents that are part of that dimension, otherwise it would have been a simple task to simply have a demon fulfill the role of the lich king and just cast Ner'Zhul soul into eternal torment. Even Sargeras was unable to fully manifest himself in the world, always having to bind his spirit to some kind of host.

This I agree on. Somewhat. The Lich King and the Scourge were merely meant to pave the way for the Legion. They were meant to take out the biggest forces that might resist the Legion's invasion. The High Elves of Silvermoon, the forces of Lordareon, etc. etc. (They just managed to miss all of Kalimdor, which was the Legion's real undoing. They should have had the Scourge follow Thrall and Jaina to Kalimdor and at least tried to WEAKEN those forces!)

Here's something I don't get, myself. In the War of the Ancients Book 1, The Well of Eternity, they tell how a Demon called the Hound Master is summoned through the Well to assist the foolish Highborne Night Elves into summoning Sargeras...

But you never see one of THOSE demons in WC3! :(

Sud

Reaction score
"What Dreadlord in Outland? Magtherodin? He was a Pit Lord"

Yeah that's right, memory gets foggy from it being a long time.

"Kil'Jadeon just wanted to see if Illidan could hack it. I doubt he'd have asked Magtherodin, though, since he really did seem to be a separate faction from the Legion."

Kil'Jaeden was Sargeras' recruiter, and Archimonde was his military leader. It was Kil'Jaeden who enslaved the Dreadlords and likely brought in the Pitlords. He also got the Orcs. So as per his primary function, Kil'Jaeden sees Illidan/Naga vs Pitlord/Outland Orcs and just lets them go at it. Whoever the victor is, Kil'Jaeden approaches to re-recruit.

"Sorry, but you're wrong again Getting your Demons mixed up. Dreadlords actually DID pretty much poof in and out of our dimension, but it seemed like, even as a collective force, they weren't as powerful as the full force of the Legion. (Not that there's any left, now )"

I haven't see any definitive proof that Dreadlords can travel extradimensionally. For all we know, an Orc warlock brought them into Azeroth. Certainly would be an easier task to bring a Dreadlord through than it would something like Archimonde.

Uh, isn't Varimathras still running around with Sylvanas? Or whatever the name of the one who turned against the Nathrezim.

"This I agree on. Somewhat. The Lich King and the Scourge were merely meant to pave the way for the Legion. They were meant to take out the biggest forces that might resist the Legion's invasion. The High Elves of Silvermoon, the forces of Lordareon, etc. etc. (They just managed to miss all of Kalimdor, which was the Legion's real undoing. They should have had the Scourge follow Thrall and Jaina to Kalimdor and at least tried to WEAKEN those forces!)

Here's something I don't get, myself. In the War of the Ancients Book 1, The Well of Eternity, they tell how a Demon called the Hound Master is summoned through the Well to assist the foolish Highborne Night Elves into summoning Sargeras...

But you never see one of THOSE demons in WC3! "

Not even so much that (of course it helped, but) - look at the effort it took just to bring Archimonde into the world. It took no less than Medivh's spellbook, Kel'Thuzad's transformation into a Lich, and a long ritual while under seige just to bring Archimonde into a physical form. Not a simple trip to the 7-11 to get a box of Archimonde helper, that's for sure.

I haven't read that book, but I would assume the hound master to be a very small bit player. I mean, there's no mention of Rexxar in the main storyline either, and it sounds to me like the Hound Master probably is like a Beast Master for Felhounds or something.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Kil'Jaeden was Sargeras' recruiter, and Archimonde was his military leader. It was Kil'Jaeden who enslaved the Dreadlords and likely brought in the Pitlords. He also got the Orcs. So as per his primary function, Kil'Jaeden sees Illidan/Naga vs Pitlord/Outland Orcs and just lets them go at it. Whoever the victor is, Kil'Jaeden approaches to re-recruit.

Why didn't he just recruit the Outland Pit dude in the first place, then? That guy had a legion of Demons at his command, and was DEFFINATELY more reliable (at least more loyal) than Illidan ever will be (he seems more flaky then those Dreadlords ;))

I haven't see any definitive proof that Dreadlords can travel extradimensionally. For all we know, an Orc warlock brought them into Azeroth. Certainly would be an easier task to bring a Dreadlord through than it would something like Archimonde.

In RoC you seem them porting from our dimension back to what you can only assume is the Twisting Nether a few times. (Big red world with felhounds running around) You even see Archimonde pop in there, so wherever it is, it has to be some dimension they've taken, or already had.

Uh, isn't Varimathras still running around with Sylvanas? Or whatever the name of the one who turned against the Nathrezim.

Uh, yeah, and? :p

Not even so much that (of course it helped, but) - look at the effort it took just to bring Archimonde into the world. It took no less than Medivh's spellbook, Kel'Thuzad's transformation into a Lich, and a long ritual while under seige just to bring Archimonde into a physical form. Not a simple trip to the 7-11 to get a box of Archimonde helper, that's for sure.

Kel'Thuzad admits it in the RoC Undead campaign at the Scourge, an army of Undead is mastered by the Lich King, a prisoner of the Dreadlords, jailing agents of the Burning Legion, and it's purpose is to pave the way, getting rid of the biggest and baddest forces in Azeroth, getting the world nice and invadable.

I haven't read that book, but I would assume the hound master to be a very small bit player. I mean, there's no mention of Rexxar in the main storyline either, and it sounds to me like the Hound Master probably is like a Beast Master for Felhounds or something.

Probably, really. But still... Would be cool :D

Sud

Reaction score
"Why didn't he just recruit the Outland Pit dude in the first place, then? That guy had a legion of Demons at his command, and was DEFFINATELY more reliable (at least more loyal) than Illidan ever will be (he seems more flaky then those Dreadlords )"

Kil'Jaeden saw both of them as 'flawed' in the respect that they had failed the legion once before. What better way to choose the one of the two less likely to fail again than to let them battle it out amongst themselves.

Illidan and the blood elves actually would be more loyal in the long run due to the vice that is their addiction to magic. Eventually under the command of the burning legion, they would sate themselves on so much demonic magic that the very thought of betraying the legion again and being cut off from such magics would be abhorrent to them.

"In RoC you seem them porting from our dimension back to what you can only assume is the Twisting Nether a few times. (Big red world with felhounds running around) You even see Archimonde pop in there, so wherever it is, it has to be some dimension they've taken, or already had."

Well, you can assume that, but it's just as likely that that was an outpost they had in the earth somewhere. I had always envisioned the Nether to be a dimension of absolute pandemonium and chaos, and that the demons may not even have a corporeal form there. Your theroy of course raises the question as to why, if beings as simple as Dreadlords can warp themselves around, other demons require the aid of humans or orcs to facilitate their travel (remember that scenario of orcs with a ton of blademasters and a demon gate).

"Uh, yeah, and?"

You had said there were no Dreadlords left, at least THAT one's left.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Kil'Jaeden saw both of them as 'flawed' in the respect that they had failed the legion once before. What better way to choose the one of the two less likely to fail again than to let them battle it out amongst themselves.

The Pitlord was never mentioned until now :p Failed the Legion? How? When? Wish I had known about that :rolleyes: But seriously, I doubt the Pitlord dude was a betrayer/failure of the Legion.

Hey... Maybe Kel'Jadeon just had to FIND Illidan? The omniverse is a BIG place, dude :D

Illidan and the blood elves actually would be more loyal in the long run due to the vice that is their addiction to magic. Eventually under the command of the burning legion, they would sate themselves on so much demonic magic that the very thought of betraying the legion again and being cut off from such magics would be abhorrent to them.

Or they'd just become demonic themselves ;)

Well, you can assume that, but it's just as likely that that was an outpost they had in the earth somewhere. I had always envisioned the Nether to be a dimension of absolute pandemonium and chaos, and that the demons may not even have a corporeal form there. Your theroy of course raises the question as to why, if beings as simple as Dreadlords can warp themselves around, other demons require the aid of humans or orcs to facilitate their travel (remember that scenario of orcs with a ton of blademasters and a demon gate).

Dreadlords seem, in my mind, to be more sorcerous then the other Demons. Perhaps they can create their own rituals to port themselves around?

The area I'm talking about, the one I thought was the Twisting Nether, looked pretty chaotic to me.

You had said there were no Dreadlords left, at least THAT one's left.

Oh... Heh, my bad :D

Sud

Reaction score
"The Pitlord was never mentioned until now Failed the Legion? How? When? Wish I had known about that But seriously, I doubt the Pitlord dude was a betrayer/failure of the Legion.

Hey... Maybe Kel'Jadeon just had to FIND Illidan? The omniverse is a BIG place, dude"

Well, he's sitting there on Draenor, or what's left of Draenor, playing house with a bunch of demons and orcs while the rest of the legion is off working on the Azeroth campaign, something they're losing horribly and couldn't spare any kind of troop deployment, most of all some place as useless as Outland. Kil'Jadeon didn't move a finger to help him either. Normally, if you're a general and you deploy troops, and those troops come under attack, they're going to try to radio home. If you remember with Mannoroth, Pit Lords love feeding their egos and proclaiming other beings their property (to which Archimonde promptly reminded Mannoroth who HE belonged to). This one probably just rounded up a bunch of orcs that was following him and was sitting there going "oh yeah I'm so great and stuff".

Illidan was under the (false) assumption that fleeing to outland would remove him from the sight of Kil'Jadeon (who he knew was pursuing him). Enough justified paranoia will send you to even dead worlds it seems.

And is it me, or for being on a 'dead world' the Dranei didn't seem to have any problems getting by, past their annoying neighbors. The Fel boars never looked happier either, at least, until I had my Dranei worker bap them over the head, then they went REEEE and I laughed because things that go reeee are funny.

"Or they'd just become demonic themselves"

Well, old Illidan's already 3/4ths the way there.

"Dreadlords seem, in my mind, to be more sorcerous then the other Demons. Perhaps they can create their own rituals to port themselves around?

The area I'm talking about, the one I thought was the Twisting Nether, looked pretty chaotic to me."

Dreadlords sorcerous? No - http://www.battle.net/war3/undead/units/dreadlord.shtml they're more tricksters and deceivers and fighters than anything else. They're about as much of a sorceror as a mountain king is.

"Oh... Heh, my bad"

Hey Varimathras has it rough. Nobody gives him any respect, the Nathrezim (if any others exist) want him dead, the burning legion want him dead, Arthas wants him dead by association. A million nerds playing world of warcraft probably want him dead so they can take his phat lewt. Sylvanas probably doesn't trust him either and will kill him off eventually as well. The price to pay to being able to continue living is that everyone wants you dead.

F

-fool-

i dont like how the trolls get killed. i like the trolls.

and i dont like how the "evil guys" always lose. i mean come on. they made it sound like the burning legion was unstoppable and then they all get raped by water. lame.

the whole way they dealt with magic was pretty out there imo.. how you can just study it and then be powerful and then you can fight people who arent there..... i dont know.. sounds pretty cookie cutter story to me...

radienx000

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering about the Biology of Warcraft, and a question popped my in head.
What does a Dragon look like, as in the colour, texture, the features (claws, eyes, where are the horns), etc.
I'm making a Warcraft satute of a Bronze Dragon, Nozdormu, (Bronze Dragons are my fav) so I was wondering, do the scales of a Dragon overlap, and what shape is the scale, like triangular, square, circle, Any Shape.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
there is not need for thatas the history of warcraft WoW is in the booklet if u ever bother to look in it... well i did coz im borin... btw it is interesting

swb90

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering about the Biology of Warcraft, and a question popped my in head.
What does a Dragon look like, as in the colour, texture, the features (claws, eyes, where are the horns), etc.
I'm making a Warcraft satute of a Bronze Dragon, Nozdormu, (Bronze Dragons are my fav) so I was wondering, do the scales of a Dragon overlap, and what shape is the scale, like triangular, square, circle, Any Shape.

ok tis is off-topic *n sry for digging up such an old topic* bt i feel the scales shld overlap...to provide the fabled protection tt dragons r owaes known to hav.....the shape shld b similar to creatures lyk...reptiles...probably lizards lyk komodo dragons or snakes.....bt larger n overlapping....reason being tt these creatures generally can withstand quite xtreme conditions...tt would seem reasonable for a dragon....a creature of legends....IMO the scales shld appear quite smooth...to giv the effect of agility.....*they are pretty big bt are reputed to move at amazing spds*.....
eyes shld b...similar to the ones of a raptor...*bird of prey...lyk eagles*.....tis givs them xcellent vision for hunting....*wats the pt of being supreme when u're omost blind*.....claws....i tink a foot wif 4 claws is mre than enuff....lolz they'll probably spend mre time flying than walking...tis leads to the legs degenerating quite a bit to conserve energy....*its hw body adapts*....horns...dun c where tt can cme in bt it wld look nice at the edge of the wings *near the place where the joints of the wings r...compared to human arm...near the elbow*.....
the body shld b held relatively low to the grd...being a huge creature...lifting ur entire body off the grd n wif such weak legs is an immense feat =)

hope i was of help.....tis is my idea of a dragon.....

M

Malygos

How about the Old Gods? i saw somewhere(probably in WoWWiki) that an Old Gods is stronger than a Titan (including Sargeras!) and also that Sargeras would even beg for peace death if the three were released.
Anyway, how did they look like? im making Old Gods model (not based on C'thun since hes not in his real form)

Weyrling

Reaction score
I think that the Dreadlords were able to port back and forth, is because they probably have a different demonic energy 'frequency' which could slip between dimensions easier than other demons, also, being less powerful could actually help them since the Titans or the Dragons or somebody probably set up some kind of protection from really powerful demons porting in by themselves.
Another theory is that the Dreadlords were summoned, and they innately have, or created some kind of connection that would allow the others to follow under their own power, it would probably only work for Dreadlords, because their energy 'frequency' match. Also, really powerful demons like Sargeras and Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden have an energy signal that may work like a type of magnet towards the energy on Azeroth, so they would require somebody already on the planet to create a hole in the barrier so they could pass through.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Actually, I believe the Old Gods were created by the titans, but I'm not too sure. The titans forged the civilizations and crafted the planets, after all.

DM Cross

Reaction score
The Titans fought the Old Gods who were in control of the world of Warcraft when they came across it. They locked them below the ground or something like that and took over, "organizing" the way of life, eventually making what we had before the Sundering of the World, aka the original Well of Eternity exploding, thanks to the Burning Legion and the original Kaldoreai corrupt high elves.

D

disillusion

i don't think the burning legion came to invade the world, if im not wrong they were after the well of eternity's power

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.