The Happy Holidays thread

Amn

Reaction score
Hi forum :)

As a present for christmas (so close) i thought it'd be cool if we all share something related to the worldeditor
Something we know that maybe others don't. May be a tip, a walkaround, a secret or just a clever solution to an issue.

List of possible contributions

- tip/walkaround
- secret/clever solution to an issue
- quick solution, a hotkey, hidden value somewhere
- glitch/bug/exploit that you found
- something cool or anormal with spells if given crazy values
- etc

I go first:

Runed Abilities
You can make units cast abilities they don't have by giving it through a rune
e.g. a rune of windwalk.

Completely disable a unit
You can temporarly disable a unit's movement, spells, attack (and still keep his current order)
even if it has magic immunity, 100% miss or Invulnerability.
You need an invisible unit with 100% bash and zero damage to attack the target once.
After the duration you remove the buff and the stun dissapears, the unit continues his order.
Make sure to allow 'invulnerable' targets on your bash ability and dummy's attack.

Far Z
When using the editor and you zoom out, a dark fog appears and hides your terrain.
You can use ctrl+ mouse scroll to move it away.
(some people dont know that!)

happy holidays everyone

Reaction score
I have been using GUI triggers in my maps but I'm relatively new to JASS. So I have found a way to include GetLocalPlayer() queries in a GUI trigger without turning the whole thing into JASS. It's simple:
Trigger:
  • GetLocalPlayer query in a GUI trigger
    • Actions
      • Custom script: if ( GetLocalPlayer() == GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()) ) then
      • -------- This works like the top of a conditional function. Everything in here is the 'then' block. --------
      • Sound - Play Error <gen>
      • Custom script: endif

It also works for For Integer loops, to parse the arguments of a command like /ai 2 normal. It's looping through all of the characters starting just after the space following /ai to find the next space; then it has to exit the loop:
Trigger:
  • Intermediate exit from a For Integer loop
    • Actions
      • For each Integer A from 5 to (Length of Temp_String) do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If Substring((Entered chat string), Integer A, Integer A) Equal to [a space character] then
            • Set Temp_Integer = Integer A
            • Set Temp_String = Substring((Entered chat string), 5, Integer A)
            • -------- We have found the first argument of the command. --------
            • Custom script: exitwhen true

I don't know if this is the place to ask questions but:
Can someone tell me what that gem in the bottom-right corner of the screen does? When you click on it it says 'Gem Activated' and it changes colour, but nothing else seems to happen.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
1). When using the SetUnitX and SetUnitY functions, make sure that the unit being moved has a movement speed higher than 0 or it won't be graphically moved. (Its position changes, but it appears to stay in the same place)
2). Don't touch the hashtable actions for Region, Eventid, Unitpool, Itempool, Multiboarditem, Trackable and Widget. You can select them in the window, but clicking on the red underlined text will crash your editor.

@annihilator127: When the gem is Activated, deleting objects from the map in the main window will cause them to play their death animations (if the animation exists). When it's Deactivated, this effect is removed.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.