The impossible colour inverting?

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
I'd like to have warcraft 3 colours entirely inverted.

such as that :

lancelotxray.jpg

However modifing the whole interface is (hardly) possible, I'm wondering if there would be an easier way. The only things I can't get rid of is Health bars and Mana bars, which are always green and blue (applies to the health bar over units..), and of item charges (which keep their colours :( ) ; I guess it's impossible to entirely invert all colours as there are things thare not accessible.

edit: fog would look horrible when colours are inverted

Vaius

Reaction score
Well, not in the normal sense... If you play Warcraft III on a Mac, before playing your map you can hit Control-Alt-Command 8 to invert all colors on the screen.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Well, if you import an inverted version of every tile, skin, icon, interface object, sky, and modify the fog to look inverted, it just might work... This would cost gynormous amounts of memory, though.

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
The only things I can't get rid of is Health bars and Mana bars, which are always green and blue (applies to the health bar over units..), and of item charges (which keep their colours )
this is what the problem is. the other stuff he* already knew

*?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Well, that's because the health bars are hard coded* and change color dynamically. They turn red when on low health and such. Mana bars, no idea.

Item charges I have absolutely no idea about.

*Are they?

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
You wish :) It cannot be done!
A suggestion to something like that would to make a really strange colored image and use it as a filter.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
currently it was very easy to modify the interface but the only things that seems to be impossible (yet) are :
- hp bars
- mp bars
- hp floating bars
- current hp / max hp
- current mp / max mp
- item charges
- damage
- armor
- strength / agility / int
- gold
- wood
- food
- fps
- F10 data
- F11 data
- F12 data

those are the problems I encountered, althrough it is interesting to see that in white background, there are much things that disappears or becomes invisible such as gold, wood, food, strength...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.