thoughts about the beta?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I just got a beta key (well a week ago, but I had finals, so now I am playing it) - what are your thoughts? so far I found 2 bugs, one where a monster wouldn't die and keep attacking thin air, and another where my hero wouldn't load going down a dungeon (ok that one was possibly my fault for playing with my inventory at the same time), but I ended up having to quit the game since I couldn't do anything (not even teleport back to base)

I upgraded my blacksmith a bit, and crafted some nice stuff, only to find out that I can't level past 13 (therefore I can't wear my level 14 armor/etc.) - but if you start a new char, your stash/blacksmith are the same - I also found a recipe for something at the blacksmith, I guess you don't need to level him up, you can just get lucky instead

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Any bugs that you find at this point are most likely fixed on the internal build. The beta build doesn't show through all the fixes that are cleaned up by in-house testing. Still, it doesn't hurt to post a bug report when they come up. If your computer crashes for any reason during play, that would be the real information that they would want from you as a beta tester. They can't simulate all possible video cards / settings / drivers in-house, which is why they are beta testing in the first place. Most of those issues are most likely handled by now though...

They can't cancel the beta at this point because they lengthened the development of the game into 2012, so the beta is probably not doing much more than generating a bit of interest through contests as well as letting them get some feedback with the different builds that they deploy. We know that they are using only one server for the entire beta right now, so I suppose there is some stress tests still going on. Still, if any bugs jump out at you and you can't find them using the search function on the D3 Beta feedback page, then please do post them up!

The beta is pretty damn slick if you ask me. Gameplay is smooth and fun! It's going to be amazing!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.