[TIPS] Making money from Websites

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I'm a bit bored right now, so I'm going to write out a few tips for people looking to make some cash from website development.

1. Sign up for PayPal. PayPal accounts are free, and provide a nice way for people to donate/buy/ect from your site. If you're looking to make a store for selling certain things ( Scripts, Layouts, whatever ), PayPal also provides a wonderful API that you can use to make automated scripts to sell your products.

With a site I own, I can get up to $300 in PayPal donations/sales a month easy.

2. If you're making a site that won't be selling anything, and/or you don't want to have donations, try ads. The best ad company I've came across would be Google Adsense.

https://www.google.com/adsense/

I personally own a site that gets 10k+ page views a day, and I have 2 ads on the main page, and 1 on the top of the forums, and we make $2 to $5 a day. Crazy money to be made here, but you have to have the views!

Hope it helps a bit. If you want any tips on ways to get your site ranking up a bit, let me know. :)

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't you have to be 18 to own a pay pal.... and I don't think my parents would sign up for me or my sister

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
You just have to have a credit card or bank account. I'm 16, and I have both, so I just signed up.

/shrug

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I don't think that most parents will let a 13 year old a credit card for the solo reason that he is 13. They don't trust 13 year olds and usually up to 15 year olds with a credit card. I'm guessing that parents trust you more when your 16 because you can drive the car and stuff. I don't know about where you live but there are a lot of shops and malls and stuff.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I've had a credit card from when I was 13. :rolleyes:

I've always been trusted with it, though.

Reaction score
I got a credit card when I was 13 too.. My parents just won't allow me to do things like this.. Stupid eh?

Reaction score
Parents dont give credit cards to most 13 yr olds because of the pr0n you can get with it =D

Whats your website anyways? DDRtist?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Unfortunitly, I can't post the link, because it's against TheHelper's rules. =/

Reaction score
PM =P I like to see other peoples sites because it lets me look at what they can do and its a time killer.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
I'm bored so pm me too. I wanna see what kind of a site you made thats giving you this cash.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
If you want any tips on ways to get your site ranking up a bit, let me know.

As the first thread already contains some dubious ways to improve revenues, here's another one: :rolleyes:

Hi, you got a nice site there.
It'd be a pity if something bad were to happen to it. But for a little contribution, I could protect you...

Oops, did I forget the [SARCASM] tags somewhere? :D

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Clearly, you didn't really read post #1.
He makes $1000 a month for... um... being cool.
Which is, obviously, the perfect reason to make $1000 a month.

Simple really.

What. The. Fuck.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Clearly, you didn't really read post #1.
He makes $1000 a month for... um... being cool.
Which is, obviously, the perfect reason to make $1000 a month.

Simple really.

What. The. Fuck.

I know I'm bad at math, but I can't figure out how DDRtists is supposed to earn $1000 a month... more like $500 at max.

But if he were nice enough to tell me the URI of his site, I could make an offer he can't refuse. :D (ok, enough bad jokes on that subject)

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Hey DDRtists, just saw your site. How about a deal. Split the money amount 50/50. I'm really poor (No honestly I am ;)).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.