Spellpack Tonberry Magic

T

Tonberry

Tonberry Spell Pack

Chef's Knife

The Tonberry pauses for 6.5 seconds and then if the target is within 1500 AoE of it, it will unleash a terrible attack.

ChefsKnife.bmp.jpg

Everyone's Grudge

Reduces the target's health to 1hp and makes it invunerable for 4 seconds.

EveryonesGrudge.bmp.jpg

Doom

Dooms the target by giving it 20 seconds to live

Doom.bmp.jpg

VooDoo

Pull the unit down into the Earth for 10 seconds then deals damage to the target whilst revealing it.

VooDoo.bmp.jpg

Note: This is my very first map I have publicised and it may leak - I have not fully learnt about that yet. I am really bad at world edit but hope to improve. I would like to thank Cheddar for trigger help and he did the most of the Doom spell.

Attachments

• Tonberry Spell Pack v1.0.w3x
    43.3 KB · Views: 325

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
well tey are kinda basic not much changes with normal spels only more effects anyway some effects stay when the unit dies or move not on the unit when it moves but u couldnt use such a trigger in games

T

Tsuki

I didnt download and test the map yet,but i got a question:
Does the 3rd Spell kill the target instantly after 20seconds?
Or can it be avoided by purging/healing the target?

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Doom

Please take a look at the text in bold:
Code:
Doom1
    Events
        [B]Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Starts the effect of an ability[/B]
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Doom 
    Actions
        Set DoomSecondsRemaining = 20
        Set DoomTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Set GeneralPoint = (Position of DoomTarget)
        Sound - Play DoomTarget <gen>
        [B]Unit - Create 1 Doom Bringer for Player 1 (Red) at GeneralPoint facing Default building facing degrees[/B]
        [B]Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Last created unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\AncestralSpirit\AncestralSpiritCaster.mdl
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Last created unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathCoil\DeathCoilMissile.mdl
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at GeneralPoint using Abilities\Spells\Human\Feedback\ArcaneTowerAttack.mdl
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at GeneralPoint using Abilities\Spells\Items\OrbCorruption\OrbCorruption.mdl[/B]
        Trigger - Turn on Doom2 <gen>
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_GeneralPoint)
        Wait 4.00 seconds
        [B]Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game[/B]
        Wait until (DoomSecondsRemaining Equal to 0), checking every 1.00 seconds
        Trigger - Turn off Doom2 <gen>
        [B]Special Effect - Create a special effect at GeneralPoint using Abilities\Spells\Human\MarkOfChaos\MarkOfChaosTarget.mdl[/B]
        Unit - Kill DoomTarget
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Starts the effect of an ability -> This is not suitable if a unit owned by player Blue casts the spell, as it won't work for them. An easy fix, is to replace this event with the generic unit event, "Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability". That will take care of any player that wants to use the spell.

Unit - Create 1 Doom Bringer for Player 1 (Red) -> Again, you shouldn't use Player Red - use "(Owner of (Triggering unit))", as it will take care of any player that wants to use the spell. Also, you need to set this unit into a unit variable, so we can be specific during its removal later.

Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Last created unit) -> You've done this part fine, but the only thing wrong, is that you didn't destroy any of your SFX after they're created. Add a "Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)" line after each Special Effect is created. Prevents those nasty leaks.

Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game -> Change the "(Last created unit)" to the unit variable you use for the doom bringer. That way, any other units that are created in any other triggers on a map won't be removed instead of the Doom Bringer. Understand why we use that unit variable now?

Code:
Doom2
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
        (Life of DoomTarget) Greater than or equal to 1.00
        DoomSecondsRemaining Not equal to 0
    Actions
        Set GeneralPoint = (Position of DoomTarget)
        [B]Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(DoomSecondsRemaining)) at GeneralPoint with Z offset 0.00, using font size 35.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency[/B]
        Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 120.00 towards 90.00 degrees
        Sound - Play Silence1 <gen>
        Set DoomSecondsRemaining = (DoomSecondsRemaining - 1)
        [B]Wait 0.99 seconds[/B]
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_GeneralPoint)
Floating Text - Create floating text that reads.. -> Each time this floating text is created, its leaking into your comp's memory, and can cause lots of lag. Simple fix, just add a, "Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to <your # here>". That will destroy the floating text after the specified value has elapsed, preventing that leak.

Wait 0.99 seconds -> Waits aren't accurate, so I don't see why you'd want to use 0.99 seconds as a # here. In fact, why did you use a wait there? You should remove it.

Chef's Knife
Code:
ChefsKnife
    Events
        [B]Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Starts the effect of an ability[/B]
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Chef's Knife 
    Actions
        Set ChefsKnifeTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Set DistanceTonberryTarget = 1500
        [B]Set ChefsKnifeTargetPoint = (Position of ChefsKnifeTarget)[/B]
        [B]Set TonberryPoint = (Position of Tonberry 0013 <gen>)[/B]
        [B]Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Hint - Run Away at ChefsKnifeTargetPoint with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency[/B]
        Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 200.00 towards 90.00 degrees
        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads hehe at TonberryPoint with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 200.00 towards 90.00 degrees
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads hehe at TonberryPoint with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        [B]Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of ChefsKnifeTarget using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl[/B]
        Wait 6.00 seconds
        [B]Set ChefsKnifeTargetPoint = (Position of ChefsKnifeTarget)[/B]
        [B]Set TonberryPoint = (Position of Tonberry 0013 <gen>)[/B]
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Distance between TonberryPoint and ChefsKnifeTargetPoint) Less than or equal to 1500.00
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Move Tonberry 0013 <gen> instantly to ChefsKnifeTargetPoint
                Sound - Play FanOfKnivesMissileHit1 <gen>
                Unit - Explode ChefsKnifeTarget
                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Doink at ChefsKnifeTargetPoint with Z offset 0.00, using font size 50.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                [B]Camera - Shake the camera for Player 1 (Red) with magnitude 10.00[/B]
                Wait 2.00 seconds
                Camera - Stop swaying/shaking the camera for Player 1 (Red)
                Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)
            Else - Actions
                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Miss at ChefsKnifeTargetPoint with Z offset 0.00, using font size 50.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 100.00%), and 10.00% transparency
                Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                Wait 2.00 seconds
                Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)
Set ChefsKnifeTargetPoint = (Position of ChefsKnifeTarget) -> You havn't removed this point variable in this trigger. You have also reset it once. You need to remove this point variable just before you reset/update it again. Otherwise your in for a few leaks, which is not what you want. The same goes for the TonberryPoint variable - remove it just before its reset.

Set TonberryPoint = (Position of Tonberry 0013 <gen>) -> "(Position of Tonberry 0013 <gen>)" uses a pre-placed object, "Tonberry 0013", which is not allowed, as it is inefficient for people that want to import your spells into their maps. You should use "(Position of (Triggering unit))", instead. It will work the same way.

Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Hint.. -> Same thing goes for the floating text in the previous trigger - add a "Floating Text - Set Lifespan". This goes for all the FT you use in this trigger.

Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of ChefsKnifeTarget -> Leaky, same thing as in the other trigger for SFX - add a "Special Effect - Destroy" line after its created.

Camera - Shake the camera for Player 1 (Red) with magnitude 10.00 -> Again, don't use "Player Red", use "(Owner of (Triggering unit)) instead. This goes for all the times you've used "Player Red" in your triggers.

You also need to remove the point variables "ChefsKnifeTargetPoint" and "TonberryPoint", right at the end of the trigger, outside of the "If-Then-Else" statement.

And just for the record, you should use the "Unit Damage Target" action instead of "Kill Unit", as no bounty or exp. is awarded for the kill. "Unit Damage Target" does award these things.

You also need to tidy up some of the spell's tooltips.

I'm not going to go over the other 2 triggers, simply because I'm confident that I've told you how to remove enough of the leaks in each.

And you can always ask Q's anyway.

EDIT:
>Does the 3rd Spell kill the target instantly after 20seconds?
>Or can it be avoided by purging/healing the target?

Yes.
No.

T

Tonberry

Thank you very much for your help

I have learnt alot and will use your words in future work

:)

And the 3rd spell just kills it, even if it is invunerable.

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ehrm, dont make spells look like :
"Omg, somebody just discovered _____ -.-"
inthis case floating texts
i havent played the map,
i hate tonberries, they always pwn too much T.T and stab you to death
btw why is it a green furolg, not an acolyte or something?

ps. the spells look nice <3

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
Hehe, I remember this a long time ago in my years of playing Final Fantasy. These guys were slowy but surely inch closer and closer to you and you were required to kill them before they got close to you. Very nice ideas but the 20 second to live is very very imbalanced. It should be dispellable by Purge. Also, for the torture spell, make the invulnerabilty last longer because all he has to do is camp around his 1 HP body and kill him with 1 hit.

Just my two cents.

~WarLuvr

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
make the doom spell to something that need some condition to be trigger like...When the target got the buff by tomberie's doom....it will need to take at least xxdamage count to be able to dealt the 100% KO trigger?

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
yeah...i think so...so my opinion is add some condition to it...
Since the tomberry's doom in FFVlll can be removed when the unit exit battle...

T

Tonberry

I am currently abroad on holiday and will try and adjust this on my return home in 2 and a bit weeks.

I am amazed some of you like it ^.^

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
no need to be amazed :D
Every people has its own habbits wud..:)

Hope u a Nice Holiday !!

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
maybe try learning the WE and trigegring moethods before submitting a spell pack??? that is just my opinion

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.