Trigger - Damage Unit - Type

Bankde

Reaction score
It is very simply question and hope you all understand me. Can everyone tell me what is "Attack Type" and "Damage Type". What will effect if I change them? Can any one explain all of that function ? Thank you

Here are the example of trigger:

Trigger:
  • Unit - Cause (Attacked unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 300.00 at Point, dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal

Trigger:
  • Unit - Cause (Attacked unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 300.00 at Point, dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Unknown

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
the attack type and damage type could be detected by a function that is bugged now and it could see if the attack is poison, universal, magic and so on.
The attacks type defines the type of the attack, normal attack is an nomal attack that can be reduced by a normal armor, pierce is the range attack than can be reduced by armor and other abilities, chaos attack is the attack that can't be reduced by anything, if you have 34-48 damage you will deal 34-48 damage to target without any reduce.

Endless_Trev

Reaction score
Im not sure but I dont think thats quite right. I think the attack type determines what extra bonuses or penalties you get when attacking certain armour types. I.e piercing deals 150% to unarmoured targets default. However, armour value always reduces incoming damage. Only realised this because was having fun with WE and had a guy deal 500k damage (chaos) to a hero with huge armour and almost no hp and he took like 5 dmg.
Damage type is a little different, each one affects the damage in a different way. Normal means it will be treated like a physical spell, and will take the armour of the damaged unit into account. Magic means it will be dealt as magic damage (duh) and does not use armour, but can be blocked by spell immunity. Universal is like magic but doesnt get blocked by magic immunity. Bunch of others I dont know about, except divine is used to deal full damage no matter what (I think)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Im not sure but I dont think thats quite right. I think the attack type determines what extra bonuses or penalties you get when attacking certain armour types. I.e piercing deals 150% to unarmoured targets default. However, armour value always reduces incoming damage. Only realised this because was having fun with WE and had a guy deal 500k damage (chaos) to a hero with huge armour and almost no hp and he took like 5 dmg.
Damage type is a little different, each one affects the damage in a different way. Normal means it will be treated like a physical spell, and will take the armour of the damaged unit into account. Magic means it will be dealt as magic damage (duh) and does not use armour, but can be blocked by spell immunity. Universal is like magic but doesnt get blocked by magic immunity. Bunch of others I dont know about, except divine is used to deal full damage no matter what (I think)

I believe combination of Chaos and Universal deals full damage.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
ALL damage types but normal deal 100% damage regardless of how much armor the unit has.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This differs from different Bnet patches, but most of the time I think Chaos damage deals only 95% to all armor types, not 100%. I am not sure about the current table for that, but it can be checked and changed in the Gameplay Constants

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.