Trigger Thread Crashing

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
What are the possible ways to crash a thread in a trigger except by:
- dividing by 0 (I assume it works?)
- custom script "return" (Skip Remaining Actions...)

knowing almost all possibilities would give me a way to fix one trigger that wouldn't run anymore after some time (usually after 20-25min and ~100000 usage...)

Reaction score
What do you mean when the function crashes? There could be many possibilities like when you used DestroyTrigger(), or you retrieve data with a system that depends on H2I() but you've reached over 8191 handles, or wrong placement of conditions, or etc. You could provide the script that's causing the problem.

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
Uhm I'm really sorry if I will answer something else then requested but I don't understand your question so here we go:

If you want to crash the game, give for example a peon "Book of Agillity +2" through a trigger and the game crashes.

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Custom Script: return doesn't crash the thread, it just end the execution of the current function within the thread.

The most common crash threading method would be using uninitialised variables, eg:
JASS:
local integer i
set i = i + 1 //Will crash the thread here

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
best way to crash the map is to add a skill with the X postion set 5 and the y set to 5, you will need to hold shift to do it but it will crash the game and I belive it only crashes the owner of the unit it was added to.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
the problem with the trigger is it uses the value of more than 80 variables, which would be unreadable (if you don't know any of them ; you would need the whole map).

but mainly I found the problem ; it was something dividing by 0 which stopped the thread and disabling the whole trigger (to avoid an infinite loop on the trigger i had to put trigger - turn off at start, and turn on at end).

btw thread crashing is not game crashing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.