Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
for a maze would it lag bad becuase theres lots of actions to move units to a region without destroying?

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
just set center of regions to point varialbes, and move them there

emjlr3

Reaction score
no, but it would be slower

W

WoW_Error

Very good tutorial. Especially for someone such as myself, who is learning daily about GUI leak clean-up.

Thanks, emjlr.

EDIT: I vote this should be posted in the World Editor Tutorials. All those in favor say "emjlr3 ftw".

Kitt

Reaction score
Hmm, hate to push up old threads unnecessarily but I feel this Tut needs further praise. Great job! It amazed me how many leaks I really had...

Good job, very informative. 5 out of 5.

Meow.

emjlr3

Reaction score
hopefully your map runs better now right?

Anopob

Reaction score
I hope bumping a 5 or so day old tutorial isn't bad...

Anyways, good tutorial, knew how to fix some memory leaks but now I know how to remove most :)

C

Cirgon

Really helpfull tutorial.

Since i dont know how i can actually test if i did it right and all works i have some questions.
I cant see a system in how the spaces are set. For the points, groups and regions your examples put a space between the command(RemoveLocation) and the brackets, and no spaces inside the brackets.

For anything that starts with Destroy there are no spaces between the command and the brackets but inside are spaces. The exception is the floating text that is the same as for points and groups.
The question is if this is intended to be that way or if it has a meaning at all.

Since this is programming i thought maybe spaces are important.

And what confuses me the most is the DestroyTrigger action. What are the additional brackets for? And where exactly i have to put the name of the trigger i want to destroy? Has it to be like DestroyTrigger( mytrigger() ) , or DestroyTrigger( Getmytrigger() ) ?

Sorry for beeing such a noob i just want to make sure. :)

emjlr3

Reaction score
to fully understand you would have to read some JASS tuts., they will explain it better

C

Cirgon

Hm i think you missunderstood me. I dont ask for you to explain all the whys to me. I ask for an advice if i should just copy and paste your examples, or if it is wrong the way it stands there. The question came to me when i typed the code and wasnt sure where to put the spaces.
And a answer to the question where to put the name of the trigger i want to destroy.

emjlr3

Reaction score
again, this is explained in JASS tuts., to jsut try and be very simple

space only matter when separating diff words

for ex.

call RemoveLocation 2 serperate words needs a space

peretenthesis need to spaces

call RemoveLocation(l)

comparisons need to spaces

if blah==blah then

as far as what all the paretenthesis mean

well

call DestroyTrigger() takes a trigger and destroy it

GetTriggeringTrigger() returns the trigger that just ran

use JASS Craft to find things like this out

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could maybe add Arrays example in your tutorial that hold a function, not a number.

Example :
Code:
Point_Var[Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit))]
the script to remove it will be :

Code:
call RemoveLocation(udg_Point_Var[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetEnteringUnit()))]

Unless you previously set in local JASS variable the integer index part of the Point_Var.

Code:
local integer i = GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetEnteringUnit()))
call RemoveLocation(udg_Point_var[i])

That is... Useful fast information that some people could use ;)

dashival

Reaction score
Is call RemoveLocation(udg_L) the correct way to fix a point leak? Because when I run Im_On_56ks leak checker, it tells me 'Location variable not removed', when I have that custom script there. Is that a big issue?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.