Tropical Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been working on a new map with a friend for the last month or so.

Its called Tropical Tag. Based off of the animal/sheep tag model. Terrain and units have a tropical setting. Unlike those two tags, the game is much more dynamic, more buildings, different levels of buildings, offensive spells, gold rewards/penalties for rescuing/dying, Volcano! etc.

The most current public version is 1.2, which I have included with this post.

Right now we are doing bug fixes, balancing and new content. The focus is more on balance at the moment. New content will be focused on after bug fixes and balancing has been completed.

I created this thread for input from you guys. Please suggest anything and everything.

http://rapidshare.de/files/8971282/Tropical_Tag_1.2.w3x.html

M

morxel

hey, i have recentally tested his map, Tropical Tag, and i actually enjoyed a tag :D

Positive Points
-Great Terrain.. looked nice with all the water.
-Nice choice of units... and how you blended them with the terrain.
-Different to sheep tag. and each unit is different to the other
-Challenging for the Naga (other words the wolves in this).
-Gold Mine.. i dunno if there was any other tags with gold mines.. but i think they all should have them. (1 gold per second .. etc and u upgrade it to produce more and more gold).

Negative Points
-Naga and the Units need to be a bit more balanced. And skills need to be re-looked at.
-Timer goes on for a bit to long.. a good match is a short match.. RPG's are an exception :p
-Towers- i found them a bit 'weak' .. but i enjoyed how there was a sellection. (positive and negative point)

That is a lot of the points i picked up.. and i dont want you to take the negative points badly.. you always need negative feedback in order you to make improvements. Good Luck on your map.. and i hope to see it around more often ;)

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the input. Which abilities need to be re-looked at? What can I do to improve the Naga? Are they too weak? What about the towers, which ones seem too weak?

M

morxel

i think maybe the skills dont really need to be 're-made' just needed so people actually notice them.. cause i was playing for a while with this other guy near me and we made a base together... soon at the end we finally noticed that we had skills.. so maybe you wanna make them more noticeable.. well in a better position cause our abbility icon was snucked away in the corner so we didnt pay attention to it.

now for the Naga maybe they should have more dmg for them.. cause i was watching as the Naga had to take bout 3-5 hits on a farm till it was destroyed.

and the towers just need to do a bit more dmg.. cause the naga have like 1500 hp and they deal like 5dmg. Correct me if im wrong

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
By skill reloaction, you are referring to the fish(correct me if I am wrong). I can fix that for the next version so they are more visible.

As for the Naga, I am not sure what to do. The Naga are supposed to have it a little tough at the start but once they get xp and gold they can own with their skills and items. I could buff their base damage a tad, not sure on the exact numbers though. As for the spells, any ideas?

As for the towers, it depends on which ones you are talking about. The towers that have an effect: slow, corruption, stun etc. are supposed to deal little damage. Pain towers are supposed to be your main tower for killing heros. As for their damage, it goes up as you upgrade them.

Version 1.3 should be released tomorrow. Hopefully that version will fix some of these problems. As always, your input is welcome.

Feel free to message me on Bnet or stop by my home channel (Clan DPC) and leave me mail via the bot. I appreciate your help and it was cool seeing a guy from here in the game I hosted.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Version 1.3

Version 1.3 Released!

http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=7291

http://rapidshare.de/files/9328285/Tropical_Tag_1.3.w3x.html

Lots of changes in this version. For full list, consult changelog in quests menu. Bug fixes, new skills, terrain improvements, trigger cleaning, lag reduction, icon updating etc.

So far only Morxel has posted in this thread. I know that there is a good amount of people who go through this section, and I ask all of you for help/input etc.

I am looking for someone to spice up the terrain, make the map look much cooler. I have seen some of Jimpy's work, and its nice. If anyone is interested please post here with a SS of some of your work. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.