Tutorial Unit Abilities Require Hero Level

wewso

Reaction score
Hi all
Thats my first Tutorial and I'm a little confused :confused:

So I was making my RPG map when i bumped into a problem. I had a hero with a spellbook which contained 11 spells. 5 were normal hero spells that originaly required hero level and 6 were unit spells that didn't reqire level. Of course there was an ultimate that required 12th level. Everything was OK until I went in-game and saw that all the hero spells (including the ultimate) in the spellbook were already learned at level 1 even though i hadnt touched them. I was mad :banghead: :nuts: :eek: :mad: :confused: :( . And then I solved the problem. I created an upgrade with 60 levels (max hero level in my map) that would change it's level each time my hero gained a level. So when the hero goes on level 34 the upgrade level for the owner of the hero will change to level 34. Then I made the abilities require this upgrade and a level of the upgrade, so that they wont show up as learned until the wanted level is gained. This way I also got my unit abilities require hero level.

There just a little work in making this - only one trigger and one New upgrade

Code:
Level Up
    Events
        Unit - A unit Gains a level
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Set the current research level of Hero level: 1  to (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))

And in the object editor:
First you should set all the values of the upgrade to 0. Then set the
name to: "Hero level: 1" for level 1
"Hero level: 2" for level 2
"Hero level: 3" for level 3 ... and so on to the level you want Of course you don't need to type "Hero level" 1000ds of times you ca easely do this with "Auto Fill Levels" when you right-click on the value.
NOTE: The name should be "Hero level: <here you put the level>" in order to look like real requrements made by Blizzard.
And last you have to put the name of the Upgrade in "Techtree - Requirements" field and the level required in "Techtree - Requirements - Levels" field of the ability that requires level.

Here is the map I made to show you.

THE END :cool:

Attachments

• Unit Abilities Require Hero Level.w3x
    17.1 KB · Views: 278
R

Ricky

Hi

Hi~Ricky

Hi.

1. It is simple in the object editor set the level the hero has to be on to whatever you want.

2. Why is this in the tutorial submission section instead of the we help forums?

++rep always appreciated:rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.