Unit Animation flying Height change

TfauxT

Reaction score
I thought of a neat trigger in which a hero could jump up and stomp on an opponent's head. The problem is I don't know how to get the height changed without making the hero have Flying movement type:rolleyes:

This is what I've got thus far:
Code:
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability 
(Ability being cast) Equal to Jump Attack 
Animation - Change (Casting unit) flying height to 300.00 at 1000.00
Wait 0.25 seconds
Animation - Change (Casting unit) flying height to 0.00 at 1000.00
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
Game - Display to (All players) the text: Wah Hah!
This trigger only works if I give the hero Flying movement type. I don't want him to fly over walls and cheat in the game etc. I cruised all the triggers but didn't find a solution.:confused:

Dimaspy

Reaction score
Well, there is a way to stop them to fly over stuff. Tried the doodads caleld pathing blocker (Air)? :p

TfauxT

Reaction score
That would work, but placing that around the entire map would be trouble- some. If nothing else comes up to help I'll go for it. The map I got is of a pretty large size :rolleyes:

Dimaspy

Reaction score
Yeah, I can imagine..
I can't find another solution anyway, I guess that's it. But someone else might have an idea.

Reaction score
I was just wondering.. How can this enable the option to change the flying height of a ground unit, as it still cannot walk over cliffs..?

Never been thinking about that :rolleyes:, and who actually discovered this useful little "bug"..

Dimaspy

Reaction score
I was just wondering.. How can this enable the option to change the flying height of a ground unit, as it still cannot walk over cliffs..?

Never been thinking about that :rolleyes:, and who actually discovered this useful little "bug"..

Interesting, in what way would this be useful, you say?

Reaction score
For this neat trigger for an example. If you did that trick, you would be able to change ground units flying height.

Dimaspy

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess it can be useful.
But I'm sticking to the old stuff, reality check; leave the ground, fly around :nuts:

N

Nonphat

Hover

Never been thinking about that , and who actually discovered this useful little "bug"..

If you set the movement type to hover it will have this affect. The unit will accept flying heights but wont move over cliffs, however they will move over water.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.