Unit Targets

Never_Quit

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good tutorial on the targeting system?

(ie hero, wall, self, neutral, etc)

Attachments

• target.jpg
    target.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 77

canons200

Reaction score
it depends, for example, the spell carrion swarm, i tick air, enemy,neutral and ground, at such, it will damage all enemy unit(as enemy to you), include hero.

for allies buff, air, ground, friend, the buff will take effect on all allies to you.( i never tick the allied, i also never try with the allied. But the friend works fine.)

if you just want to effect only all your own unit, tick air, ground, player units

of course, there are even more combination, it depends on your spell effect.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good tutorial on the targeting system?

Nope, because it's confusing and some abilities work differently even with the same settings, I don't think anyone has bothered. :nuts:

Is there any particular effect you're trying to achieve?

Never_Quit

Reaction score
Nope, because it's confusing and some abilities work differently even with the same settings, I don't think anyone has bothered. :nuts:

Is there any particular effect you're trying to achieve?

I'm just curious because it seems i always have to try like 10 times or copy and paste from a similar ability to actually get my ability to target correctly.

Perhaps a target tutorial should also be combined with a targeted as tutorial.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Most targets are just unit classifications. The name of the classifications are pretty obvious. For instance, Ancient refers to the Night Elf structures.

What you're asking for isn't a tutorial but a wikipedia because every ability behaves differently. For example, even if you set a spell like Shockwave to target friendly units, the spell still won't hurt any friendly unit besides the target.

The best way to learn how all the abilities work is to play the game and test them. There isn't a shortcut.

sarkurayboy

Reaction score
Actually , Its rather easy. Just think what do you wan to damage , Heroes? Non-Heroes? Structures? Ancient? At the option , just tick it =)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.