Unit2Hero+ Custom Skin

Slayerxx

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hey so i know you cant make a unit a hero, but i m making a map and i have a cool skin for Human/Sorceress and need it as a hero? i tried the making a custom hero and using the model file and such, but it wont apply the skin didnt work, any ideas?

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you need to set the file path of the model in the import editor correctly or it wont show for anything

merlinds

Reaction score
but he has a Skin not a model, for what i know, the skins can replace only the units they are designed for. If he has a skin for a paesant, how willl he use it to create a hero?

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Firstly you want War3 Viewer

When it opens, you will see treeview on your left.

Select BLP at the top

Scroll down to Units

Select the unit you're going to replace

Close treeview

Click Current File in the menu

Click Remap Textures

There you have the path where you will import your skin too. (This will overwrite an existing skin)

I did have some screenshots. But photobucket is messing about.

EDIT: Hmmmsies. Allthough the above will show the skin, it might not wrap correctly. Did the place you downloaded the skin from give you any model suggestions?

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
but he has a Skin not a model, for what i know, the skins can replace only the units they are designed for. If he has a skin for a paesant, how willl he use it to create a hero?

the skin is for the model not the unit, changing another unit's model to that unit should still use the skin, the skins have nothing to do with the original unit that uses the model

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Gfreak45 is right, it should correctly use the custom skin. Try saving and closing your map, then re-opening it. Sometimes the WE needs a restart to recognize custom import stuff.

Slayerxx

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Thankyou eveyone, And tommerbob You are correct, i re opened my map this morning and made another custom hero and changed the model to the one i wanted and then imported the skin and set the path to the unit is was ment for not my custom hero, and bing it work??? Thankyou everyone tho.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.