Units slowed in certain region, frost rune, Problems

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
Okay so, I'm making a map, where the northern area is snowy. When units are in that area move slower while they are in the area. But, recently I'm experiencing a bug where some players will end up getting their movement speed slowed so much to the point where they are stuck in the snow area. Here are the triggers I'm using (all that revolve around the frost area, slowing effects, etc)

I'm pretty much LEARNING the world editor as I make this map... I didn't even know what preloading was until just yesterday.

Important: Basically, when a unit acquires a frost rune (which is located in the snowy area) they gain frost attack, and can move at normal speed in the snow. At least thats the goal. It usually works, aside from occasional freezing of units, which probably has to do with some kind of confliction in these triggers...

The Frost Rune Effect Trigger
Code:
Frozen Wrath Effect
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Rune of Frozen Wrath
        FrostRune[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] Equal to False
        FireRune[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] Equal to False
    Actions
        Set FrostRune[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = True
        Animation - Change (Hero manipulating item)'s vertex coloring to (50.00%, 70.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        Unit - Set (Hero manipulating item) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Hero manipulating item))
        Unit - Add Melee Cold Damage Bonus to (Hero manipulating item)
        Unit - Add FROZEN WRATH!  to (Hero manipulating item)
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: (PlayerNames[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] +  |cff1E90FFhas aquired a FROST RUNE!  He has a freezing attack and can run at normal speed in the snow!  Watch out!|r)
        Wait 20.00 seconds
        Set FrostRune[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = False
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Snowy1 <gen> contains (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set (Hero manipulating item) movement speed to ((Current movement speed of (Entering unit)) - 170.00)
                Animation - Change (Hero manipulating item)'s vertex coloring to (50.00%, 50.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
                Unit - Remove Melee Cold Damage Bonus from (Hero manipulating item)
                Unit - Remove FROZEN WRATH!  from (Hero manipulating item)
            Else - Actions
                Animation - Change (Hero manipulating item)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Trigger to slow units as they enter snowy terrain
Code:
Slow Units1
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Snowy1 <gen>
    Conditions
        FrostRune[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] Equal to False
        InStartArea[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] Equal to False
    Actions
        Unit - Set (Entering unit) movement speed to ((Current movement speed of (Entering unit)) - 170.00)
        Animation - Change (Entering unit)'s vertex coloring to (50.00%, 50.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Trigger to unslow units when they leave snowy terrain
Code:
UnSlow Units1
    Events
        Unit - A unit leaves Snowy1 <gen>
    Conditions
        FrostRune[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] Equal to False
    Actions
        Unit - Set (Leaving unit) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Leaving unit))
        Animation - Change (Leaving unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

Any help is appreciated

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
iem noy sur what ig u haded new dtirgerz

Anyone else?

EDIT: Figured it out. I'm a dumbass.

In the frozen wrath effect...
Code:
Else - Actions
    [B]Unit - Set (Hero manipulating item) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Hero manipulating item))[/B]
    Animation - Change (Hero manipulating item)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

Forgot to set the speed to default in the else actions ....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.