Video Cards

Zakyath

Reaction score
Buying comp, know absolutely nothing...

What I need it for is, well, music, chatting, and gaming, lots of gaming.

So what I wonder is if '256MB PCle NVIDIA (R) GeForce (R) 7300 Turbo Cache' is anything to go for? Any recommendationts, is it good, or does it, well, suck? Thanks in advance.

Lizidian

Reaction score
General Rule of Thumb I have when it comes to building computers and picking out sound/video cards is that your going to want to read reviews... LOTS AND LOTS of reviews... see what consumers have to say...

Check out ZipZoomFly.com and NewEgg.com, both are excellent computer hardware/accessories websites.

As for your card, I'm currently working, so I won't be able to look up it's specs right now, but you should definetly check those websites out and read some reviews ;)

Logical_1

Advisor
Reaction score
Turbo Cache essentially means that the video card has very little onboard memory (typically 16mb) and uses your computer's memory for when additional video memory is needed. This is several orders of magnitude slower than having the memory onboard, but it is much cheaper to do since the memory used on video cards is a bit more expensive than your normal computer memory.

Also, as previously said, read lots of reviews of what you're looking for. If it's a complete system from a major manufacturer, read reviews for that line of systems and for the parts in it, or if it is just a bunch of parts someone is assembling for you, read reviews on the individual parts you've been quoted so you'll know what to expect performance-wise.

Lizidian

Reaction score
Alright I have a bit more time to look up stuff for you now if you want. What is your price range and what kind of hardware are you already working with?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.