Views on Bush and the War in Iraq, and Our Government In General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mer_de_Noms

Certified Badfish
Reaction score
I always love a little political discussion, so I hope we can have a civilized one here. Hell, they can broadcast them on CNN to millions across the world, so I think we could handle one here, so lets not voice our opinions by just shooting someone else's opinion down without proper justification.

What do you think about Bush, the war in Iraq, and our government in general?

First off, (being the opinionated person that I am) I'll start with what I think of the whole thing.

I'm not a big fan of our government. I think that with all of the political and educational influence on the public, that they both really hinder mental growth, and self made thought processes. I also think that they both have set what are "truely" right and wrong decisions. They have burdened one's ability to make a self-concious decision by setting guidlines for what is right and wrong, and pushing it on the general public.

I also think the government hides way too much from us. They seem to be forgetting that we elect them. We decide who goes into office (at least that's what we're led to believe).

I also think that as far as publicly elected officials go, I think that's gone to crap. Look at leaders of the past. They have done great things for the American public, and weren't rich and didn't have high levels of education. Look at our leaders now. If they haven't gone to Princeton or better, and weren't born with a golden spoon in their mouth, then they are pretty much out of the race. Bush is a moron, who can't spew out a single line of decent, decipherable jargon that does anybody any good. He stands behind a pedistal, spewing almost incomprehensable crap that we've all heard before, and don't see any of it getting put into action.

Where are all of these promised jobs?
Where's the end to this "war"?

Trickle down economics? Please. What an idiot policy. You give the rich more money, it goes to the richer. They will go and spend it, which ultimetely shoots up to the corporations to fill their fat little pockets with just that much more cash.

In the times of Washington or Lincoln, this guy would've been laughed out of office if he even made it that far. Now that the government has more control of the people that are supposed to be controlling them, it seems that the most convienent official is the elected one.

And elections are all about publicity and public recognition nowadays. Around election time, I can't sit through an episode of House without seeing a bunch of power-hungry flippards throwing pointless insults at eachother in an attempt to get the people to join their little monkey dance parade.

The war in Iraq is crap too. I understand that we had to go there to fight back after 9/11, but enough is enough. We got there, saw an oppurtunity to get this little country to join us, and we are exploiting it dry. If America hadn't put soldiers there for Saddam to find when he got back, this wouldn't have happened. What if we went to fight a war, and came back only to find Iraqi soldiers roamig the streets waving guns around and preaching communism? That would just be taboo, and how dare they.

Now that we've effectively established our venomous little roots there, if we do leave, the country would be ruined by civil wars that our presence has so kindly helped to generate.

And another thing, what is with American having this un-quenchable infatuation with converting other countries to our form of government? Last time I checked, they left us the hell alone about ours.

And lets stop giving financial aid to other countries too. We are already in a hole so deep, that it may not be possible to ever hit bottom at this point, so lets worry about ourselves for a change.

Whoo. :)

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
I enjoy a good political covnersation too.

But if memory serves this is aiganst the rules.

A banned topic.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but its against the forum rules. Read them before posting again.

Tonks

Reaction score
A thing to remember is that most of the members on this forum are too young to care or know much about politics.
And, I'm too tired to rant about bush.. :rolleyes:

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
I'm just tryign to save you from getting your face ripped by someone else.

Rules say it themselves.

Do not post topics concerning political or moral issues. - Ryoko

Mer_de_Noms

Certified Badfish
Reaction score
*Sigh*

Well, that was a lot of wasted effort.

Close it down if you must.

God forbid we open some minds to different viewpoints I suppose.

Lizidian

Reaction score
*Sigh*

Well, that was a lot of wasted effort.

Close it down if you must.

God forbid we open some minds to different viewpoints I suppose.

The rule was imposed, if I remember correctly, to stop people from taking sides and tearing the forum members into two sides that constantly flame each other, since 1) most people don't know what they're talking about when it comes to politics, 2) don't care about politics and most importantly 3) can't have a civilized debate :) lol

L

LilSniper

Agreed. Every time we attempt to have a civilized debate in our clan, it results in a tossing of insults between the Americans and the non-Americans.

Yes, Lizidian, you are correct. Most people have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to politics.

When people bash the government or anything for that matter without supporting their reasons, it really pisses me off. It's fine to harbor negative feelings towards a person or organization but at least back it up...honestly.

Lizidian

Reaction score
The thing that pisses me off the most (Oh boy, get ready for a rant lol) is when immature teenagers try to have a debate with you about politics... but all they say is what they hear their parents saying... and when you ask them to prove their point they can't and they just end up insulting you or something like it to make themselves feel good... god damnit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.