vJass+Newgen Question

Bankde

Reaction score
I'm going to change my normal WE into Newgen (I need to use vJass) but I'm not sure about its working. I have heard some that Newgen have problem with "Test map" and "Hastable". Is that rumor true ? Because I still need to use Test map and Hastable. If I have change my WE into Newgen, can I change it back? :nuts:

Thank for replying.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
NewGen requires you to save then "test map" to compile all the vJass and things you couldn't do with WE (like free global declerations) into regular JASS.

And what Hashtable problems?

You can't change your WE into NewGen, it's a seperate program. You can always use regular world editor and NewGen.

Edit: Ah. That's what you meant by testmap? RtC? D'oh.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Hashtables are indeed bugged in NewGen. You'll need to use JASS, or custom script for that matter. As for the test map thing, you just need to disable RtC. You can still use your normal World Editor even after downloading NewGen.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
GUI hashtables are bugged in Newgen, not hashtables as a whole :p. Just thought I'd clarify that.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Isn't that only for widget, itempools, and the like? Non-GUI variables.

But that won't be a problem for Bankde, he needs to use vJass :) Unless he means vJass + GUI D:

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Well, the non-GUI variables are bugged in non-newgen as well, for hashtables.

However, using newgen, I know that some Hashtable functions are missing (That are normally there).

Bankde

Reaction score
Isn't that only for widget, itempools, and the like? Non-GUI variables.

But that won't be a problem for Bankde, he needs to use vJass :) Unless he means vJass + GUI D:

Need to use doesn't mean only use :nuts: Anyway thank for all +rep

Edit: Moridin and Glenphir - can't give because I need to spread it - -"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.