Warcraft 3 lags on good system

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I used to play warcraft 3 about 2 years ago, and it worked perfectly fine. a year ago however, i bought a new computer for Starcraft 2, and this computer can run SC2 on all ultra settings with an easy 60 FPS.

well anyway, i decided i wanted to play some Wc3 again, and i installed it and now, on my BETTER computer wc3 runs WORSE. i dont understand, there is no logic left in this world.
the problem:
WC3 runs at about 10 fps. this is completely unplayable. when i add -opengl to the end of the desktop shortcut, it jumps all the way up to 65 fps, however the problem with that is that the graphics become completely wrecked and it becomes unplayable in the fact that i cant tell what is going on. i've tried setting affinity to one CPU and it still lags, ive tried running in windows XP compatability mode as well as an administrator and it still lags, i just dont understand why. ive googled the problem and have been able to find no solution

here is my DxDiag info:
https://rapidshare.com/files/560882335/DxDiag.txt

if you dont want to dl it here is a summary of my specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1035T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
GFX Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5770
Display Memory: 4071 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1011 MB
Shared Memory: 3059 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

any help would be greatly appreciated

P.S. yes i've sent blizzard a message and they said they couldnt help me. ive also posted this on the blizz tech support forum but no replies. id really really really appreciate help

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Try updating your video drivers?
That's the only thing I can come up with right now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.