Warcraft 3 Map Editor - Trouble with Triggers

T

The_Massacrer

I'm real new using the editor and I am having trouble using the triggers.

ummmmm

:cool: Can you be more specific? What do you want to do. I'm not going to spend months unraveling every trigger in worldedit.:mad:

C

Crillemannen

Use this tutorial to learn the basics:

HTML:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/triggers.php

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Wow alot of views.

A Event is a thingy that happens to cause the trigger to run.
E. A Unit Dies.

A Condition is a thingy that specifies a Event.
E. Dying Unit is a Footman

A Action is a thingy that happens when the Specified Event Happens.
E. Display to Owner of Dying Unit "haha, your footman died".

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
MrApples said:
Wow alot of views.

A Event is a thingy that happens to cause the trigger to run.
E. A Unit Dies.

A Condition is a thingy that specifies a Event.
E. Dying Unit is a Footman

A Action is a thingy that happens when the Specified Event Happens.
E. Display to Owner of Dying Unit "haha, your footman died".

Nice action :cool:

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
This is funny, I don't know the trigger editor very well either, and as a result I signed up so I could easily get help. I do, and now I am making better maps.

Generally, triggers should be small when you first start. No point in a newbie making a TD that ends up looking and playing like a pile of puke. Make simple melee maps and small trigger maps with only one quest.

T

ton goll

ok?

all that was nice to right and seeing as i dont got a clue about what the hell to do iv spent a day and still dont get it and no offense but what you posted didnt really help me see i cant do something without knowing what im doing and big fancy words dont help can some one tell me a website thts wil help me?

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Ummm... we just gave a list of tutorials on using the trigger editor. Really, man, if you didn't get that, then you definetely won't be able to use the trigger editor.

If you tell us what you want to happen, then we can tell you how to accomplish that.

T

ton goll

ok?

ok my text messeges dont work or my cinematics and yes iv tryd some toutorials and yes i know i cant spell but i got a question what is the string 1 and string 2 thing for and do you put the messeg for cinematics under valeu im a little cunfussed???

S

somatic

the best way, download spells off wc3search and try middling with it, thats how i came about to learning how 2 do triggers, and also, 1 more advice, dun keep seeking help, DO IT, Pratice makes perfect, i started gui writting since aug and now im almost perfect it and trying on jass already, do not just ask for help, or if not post your problem here and then we will teach you how 2 do it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.