WE bug?? Ethereal armor type

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Ok so I was reading up on the armor types and decided to open up WE and look at the armor versus attack damages, which are also for the most part listed here.

http://www.battle.net/war3/basics/armorandweapontypes.shtml

The chart strangely does not list ethereal armor (I suppose since ethereal armor seems to be an all or nothing thing) but the page does comment:

"Ethereal units can only be damaged by units that have the attack type "Magic" such as spellcasters."

So I opened up WE and looked at the damage table, expecting to see Ethereal only taking damage from Magic and Spells. What I found was that it only takes damage from Chaos and Siege??!!?? What gives?

ThySpektre

Z

Zell

That's strange... Ethereal units can only be hit by spells and magic damage... but the Gameplay Constants... confusing?!

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Can anyone else confirm this odd behavior in WE and how to interpret the values in the table?

D

Down

Etheral isnt a armor type , no use has etheral armor, banishing a unit doesnt change its armor type and spirit walkers are unarmored, maybe it inproves chaos and sedge damage to a unit thats etheral but wasnt banished?

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Etheral isnt a armor type , no use has etheral armor, banishing a unit doesnt change its armor type and spirit walkers are unarmored, maybe it inproves chaos and sedge damage to a unit thats etheral but wasnt banished?

Hunh?

I think I got it. I understand it is not a traditional armor type as it is orthogonal to other armor types but being ethereal ACTS like armor. Thus it is placed in gameplay constant in the armor section. It just has a different table, and the values appear to be in the wrong places.

ThySpektre

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.