What determines if a unit can be placed with at a 0.5 location?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
What determines if a building can be placed at 100:100 or 100.5:100.5?

It's obviously the footprint, but what to modify to make it possible? (I'm trying to get the Seciruty Gate's (the two different Diagonal versions) both placed at a XX.5 YY.5 location. But only the Diagonal BLUR can be placed like that, not the ULBR.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I think the problem comes across because the ULBR footprint is 4x4 and the BLUR footprint is 5x5. Each footprint must fall exactly within the placement grid and as such, the center of the ULBR footprint will be centered where the co-ordinate end with XX.0. Similarly, the co-ordinate for the BLUR footprint must end with XX.5. This will probably make more sense if you turn on the Placement Grid in the Terrain Module and then try placing the gates.

The only way I know of fixing this would be to modify the ULBR footprint and make it 5x5 instead of 4x4. To do this, find the footprint and double click on the Layers + or Shape + property (they both open the same window). In the window that open there will be a Size property with X and Y values. Change these values to 5. You should notice that once you have done this, the footprint will no longer be centered and you will have a red patch along the top and right hand sides. To remove the red patch, select the None pathing and paint it along the red areas. You will then need to re-center the yellow area which represents the Building pathing.

Please note that this footprint is a common footprint that is used by multiple units/doodads. You should probably duplicate the footprint, make your changes to this one, and then give this new footprint to your security gate.

Also I personally hate trying to modify/create footprints. I have found that there are a lot of hidden options which you can only edit using Raw Data and XML. I think the footprint you need to modify is fairly simple, but if you start to get some strange results, that is probably the reason why.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Thanks Dave :) Did not notice they were different size, but I'll look into it :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.