What's wrong with the Editor?

super_nova

Reaction score
Hey guys, can somebody help me with this problem?
I wanted to copy an ability but after i paste it its not showed up, and so i think i cant copy it.
Then i just create a new ability, but after i look at the unit editor i can see the copy of abilities that's not shown up in abilities editor..
Can someone tell me what is wrong?

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
mmmhhmmm You are copying this from a map, cause if you are, you need to export all the models (.mdx and .blp) to your map, and also the buffs.

Oh, and if this doesn't work, PM me with the map's, and I'll make it work for yea. Also if you don't know how to import/export tell me in the PM

AND also, please NOTE: Each time you import a model, you gotta take the
War3imported\
bit and then save your map and quit it, reload W/E and open up your map, the models should be there after that.

Also, if its not from the other map, make sure you Copy it with Ctrl C then Ctrl P. If it doesn't show up, then create a new ability then find the ability you want and click it and push enter. This IS a bug. Also, are you running the latest version of W/E if not then update it by entering battle.net (Via Warcraft 3)

Resources: Experience!

super_nova

Reaction score
im not copying from another map, and i know how import and exporting work...
maybe its my editor that doesnt work properly...

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Perhaps it is just being placed elsewhere in the list?
Try search for it.

Generally when I Copy + Paste an ability, it automatically selects the new copy, and they are next to each other.
But after using the Editor abit or re-opening it, the order scrambles according to the name and class/classifications of the new ability.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.