Where do you get...?

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
You can make one, via HTML, or use some sort of generated script.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What do you need the form to do? I can quickly make one for you.

THUNDERPOWER

Reaction score
What do you need the form to do? I can quickly make one for you.

Yea that'd be great.

Just have a few fields and I can do the rest myself like this:

Last name:* First name:*
Email:* Confirm email:*
Street Address:* City:* ZIP/Postal code:*
Region/State/Province:* Country*
Phone number (Home):
May we contact you at work? [] yes [] no
Favorite color:*
[] red
[] nblu e
[] green

How did you hear about us? [dropdown menu]

Copy and paste your life story:*
[big gigantic box]

Submit your file [upload]

Submit form

Also, if you could make the required fields (*) text box yellow or something it'd be great! :)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, if no one has done it for you by tomorrow, I'll do that.

I'm too sleepy at the moment ^.^

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here you go; a nice basic form, with all fields that you requested:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
	<head>
		<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
		<title>Form Test</title>
		<style type="text/css">
			.required {
				background: #FFFF88;
				}
		</style>
	</head>

<body>
		<form name="contact" id="contact_form" action="REPLACE_WITH_YOUR_ACTION.php" method="post">
		<table>
			<tr>
				<td>First Name:*</td><td><input type="text" size="10" id="fname" class="required" /></td>
				<td>Last Name:*</td><td><input type="text" size="12" id="lname" class="required" /></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td>Street Address:*</td><td><input type="text" size="12" id="saddress" class="required" /></td>
				<td>City:*</td><td><input type="text" size="10" id="city" class="required" /></td>
				<td>ZIP/Postal Code:*</td><td><input type="text" size="6" id="zip" class="required" /></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td>Region/State/Province:*</td><td><input type="text" size="12" id="region" class="required" /></td>
				<td>Country:*</td><td><input type="text" size="10" id="country" class="required" /></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td>Phone Number:</td><td><input type="text" size="10" id="number" /></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td>May we contact you at work?</td><td><input type="radio" value="Yes" name="c_at_work" />Yes <input type="radio" value="No" name="c_at_work" />No</td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td>Favourite Colour:*</td><td><input type="radio" value="Red" name="colour" />Red <input type="radio" value="Blue" name="colour" />Blue <input type="radio" value="Green" name="colour" />Green</td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td>How did you hear about us?</td><td><select><option>Option 1</option><option>Option 2</option><option>Option 3</option></select></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td>Your life story:*</td><td><textarea rows="10" cols="20" class="required"></textarea></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td>Submit File:</td><td><input type="file" id="upload" /></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td><input type="submit" value="Submit!" /></td>
			</tr>
		</table>
		</form>
	</body>
</html>

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
Here you go; a nice basic form, with all fields that you requested:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
	<head>
		<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
		<title>Form Test</title>
		<style type="text/css">
			.required {
				background: #FFFF88;
				}
		</style>
	</head>

<body>
		<form name="contact" id="contact_form" action="REPLACE_WITH_YOUR_ACTION.php" method="post">
		<table>
			<tr>
				<td>First Name:*</td><td><input type="text" size="10" id="fname" class="required" /></td>
				<td>Last Name:*</td><td><input type="text" size="12" id="lname" class="required" /></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td>Street Address:*</td><td><input type="text" size="12" id="saddress" class="required" /></td>
				<td>City:*</td><td><input type="text" size="10" id="city" class="required" /></td>
				<td>ZIP/Postal Code:*</td><td><input type="text" size="6" id="zip" class="required" /></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td>Region/State/Province:*</td><td><input type="text" size="12" id="region" class="required" /></td>
				<td>Country:*</td><td><input type="text" size="10" id="country" class="required" /></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td>Phone Number:</td><td><input type="text" size="10" id="number" /></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td>May we contact you at work?</td><td><input type="radio" value="Yes" name="c_at_work" />Yes <input type="radio" value="No" name="c_at_work" />No</td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td>Favourite Colour:*</td><td><input type="radio" value="Red" name="colour" />Red <input type="radio" value="Blue" name="colour" />Blue <input type="radio" value="Green" name="colour" />Green</td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td>How did you hear about us?</td><td><select><option>Option 1</option><option>Option 2</option><option>Option 3</option></select></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td>Your life story:*</td><td><textarea rows="10" cols="20" class="required"></textarea></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td>Submit File:</td><td><input type="file" id="upload" /></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td><input type="submit" value="Submit!" /></td>
			</tr>
		</table>
		</form>
	</body>
</html>

Why the **** did you use tables?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldnt use tables for a full layout, but I just used them to quickly whip up a form design.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Tables are for tabular data. I would definitely say that the content of that form is of tabular nature. Though, the submit button shouldn't be part of the table, you should use label elements to wrap the form labels and the first column should be marked up as table headers (th) instead of cells.

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
Tables are for tabular data. I would definitely say that the content of that form is of tabular nature. Though, the submit button shouldn't be part of the table, you should use label elements to wrap the form labels and the first column should be marked up as table headers (th) instead of cells.

However tables take awhile to load (according to YSlow) and forms can just as easily be made with lists or divs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.