Why someone wouldn't make a tutorial for ROC mapmakers?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Well kid, if you are too lazy to somehow work, or try to understand or LOOK for a RoC tutorial, what makes you think someone is not lazy to spoon feed you step by step?

TFT has more models (beepload of creeps), much more advanced Object Editor (Units, Abilities, Buffs/Effects, Doodads, Destructibles) advanced triggers (GUI, Custom Scripts) 2 new tilesets (Outland and Sunken ruins), and uh... oh yeah! TFT Tutorials at THIS SITE! like o.m.g. .....

But if you are too lazy to even try to look for a tutorial for RoC only, i highly doubt you will even make any map, so yeah...

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
It is a metaphor, not a habit of mine to judge.

It means that there are too many of TFT tutorials, that if I waste my time searching for one which is for ROC only, then I'm nuts. Most of you people uses TFT, which might have been pushing the ROC members out of their path and due to the constant competition from the ROC/TFT wars, TFT won.

In that case, people would move to TFT and not play ROC.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suck because of my life. Period. TFT isn't for me, not only that its size is too large for my computer, around 1.5 GB is the most, but I can only have 1 GB.

I'm not playing Warcraft 3 from my computer, it is from a Mass Space Storage USB Drive, hold a capacity of 1 GB in terms of the SI...

Still I can't afford it no matter how good TFT is. Try to beat me out of this, and I will owe you 50+ rep for real.

mushroom911

I think I should change my avatar
Reaction score
I have an idea which is really smart :D, open the door on your room, step ousside, go out and buy TFT :banghead: ..... im a genious :rolleyes:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Here's another reason TFT is better, TFT is better than RoC.

There's a reason TFT beat RoC, another one why most people bought TFT, and yet another one why there are more tutorials for TFT than RoC.

If you can't afford to buy TFT, then SEARCH for RoC tutorials (there's plenty, not just on this site) and maybe after you learn how to do a few things, make one for people like you!

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Still I can't afford it no matter how good TFT is. Try to beat me out of this, and I will owe you 50+ rep for real.

Well then learn it on your own, it's kinda simple.
Q: If you're so poor, and can't afford probably the cheapest expansion on the Earth, how the HELL do you pay for internet? Get your priorities straight! And I don't mean ditch the internet and buy TFT, I mean ditch the internet and get a job lol

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Pay the internet by phone bills, cheap: 199 NTD (around $38)

Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne has become one of the rarest games you can find in Taiwan.

I had a job, each day earned about 40 NTD, each month I pay my debts, each year I take out my interests (around 4000 NTD)

All games here are in CHinese, so I don't understand it much.

You owe me 50+ reps.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Take up something that will make you money, that you can start for free.
Like web design. Not too hard to learn, and if you do it right, you can make tons of money from it. Thats where all my income comes from.

KillerChi

Reaction score
Truthfully,I havent had TFT that long.I have only had it for like a year or less.I know that the RoC Editor sucks.And when I got onto TFT I loved it more than RoC.Graphics where cool.Some new things and more differnt times of spells.(Like a summon that doesnt have a fixed life span)A new teleport that can be cheap.And night elves getting something to do with corpses.(Night elven heros summon abilty)A better WE.I also heard WE didnt come out til TFT.And truthfully I think WE is hard to use also but im getting better.Just start out simple.Am I going off topic?Well TFT has even gotten better ratings.Even for single player.Blizzards a great company.I have some expansions at my house.And some deserve to just be called add- ons.TFT like many others have said.Is like an entirely differnt game yet better.And there is even sea units.(Am I going off topic? again)Well just get TFT.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
>"I also heard WE didnt come out til TFT"

Not really...

>"Graphics where cool."

Hahaha yeah right, they're so much better than RoC graphics. :D :D :D

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> And why not make a guide for ROC makmakers?

What you want to know ? Tell what tutorials you would need ? Most close one to RoC tutorials would be learning JASS ( Don' t worry JASS was before TFT and you can learn it with RoC Editor too. Though there are still something what you can get only when buying TFT.). Read our JASS tutorials.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Isn't TFT only like 20 dollars?

Mow lawns or something kid, ask your parents if you can do anything for them to make $20.

If that fails, there's always your birthday and Christmas! :D

I don't think someone 13 or older would actually mow a lawn or something, unless he is like younger or 13 exactly or something. Besides, who would pay 20$ for someone to mow a lawn. :p

Just asking.

Why would I turn to TFT anyway? I don't have allowance until I'm 30 years old.

And why not make a guide for ROC makmakers?

Complaining isn't my specialty but I really despise TFT.

People won't make a guide for RoC mapmakers because rarely anyone here that has a wide knowledge of WE has the RoC Editor. Really, RoC Editor is probably only meant for Melee maps, nothing else. It would be too hard to make a big map with it. The only big map(s) I know of that were for RoC was Creatures of The Night, 1-4 I believe (Awesome cinematics!).

Why do you despise TFT?

Simple, RoC-WE is too limited to do anything serious. You have to spend loads of time to achieve even TFT complexity.

Trust me, I've been there, and it sucks.

Quoted for truth. I haven't really edited with the RoC Editor though because I was mainly doing the campaign or playing maps.

I got WC3 on July 1st 2002 for $90 CDN. Am I getting ripped too? :(

No, that was my birthday. :p I think that is when I got mine also, but I forgot.

Damn. I don't even have an allowance. Besides, what parents would pay an allowance at 30? Isn't allowances for un-adults? Besdies, won't you have a job by then? :D

That is hard....to understand for my age.

I'm too young to understand how to use it.
------------

Can I say:

Where are tutorials that are only for ROC, and yet no TFT, custom blahblahblah, no spell editing, and just plain triggers?

Most of them are for TFT, with a little bit ROC in it, and lots of advanced JASS....

I just can't buy TFT no matter how many times you say them telling me to buy one.
Not enough money, not enough places to buy one, I'm not in the USA right now, I live in a small island where most people are fishermen, most people all care about is political issues, I live in a very poor place, and at school is the only place I can use a computer.

That's sad. But you should move then. Listen to me when I say, the easiest way to learn how to map make is by testing everything out and messing around with it. Heck, if I had an RoC editor and had a wide knowledge of it, I'd make a bunch of tutorials for it, but sadly; I don't. Actually, let me rephrase that to "happily, I don't."

Google is your best friend.

Try this, it might have some RoC tips in it or tips that are possible even in RoC:
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=56334

Take up something that will make you money, that you can start for free.
Like web design. Not too hard to learn, and if you do it right, you can make tons of money from it. Thats where all my income comes from.

Yea, that is a great way. You can also create a website using a free subdomain and just add ads to it that will allow you to pay for it. Trust me, you can learn webmaking no matter how old you are. The best place to learn it would probably be w3schools for their "Try-it-Editor". It is like a free Microsoft Frontpage except less user-friendly but it parses not only HTML, but PHP, Javascript, CSS, XML, and much, much more:
http://www.w3schools.com

>"I also heard WE didnt come out til TFT"

Not really...

>"Graphics where cool."

Hahaha yeah right, they're so much better than RoC graphics. :D :D :D

Yea, WE was out with RoC but it doesn't have many features.

=======================

Yes, Sooda is correct. JASS can be extremely helpful to access stuff unaccessable by GUI. ;)

=======================

Always, remember this:
"Google is your best friend!"

A

Aaachoo

I got WC3 on July 1st 2002 for $90 CDN. Am I getting ripped too? :(
Well,i found one selling both cd's for 30$ at best buys but since my sister works there i got a discount of half off and got it for 15$:D

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
I don't mean to be rude but I believe you said that there are few places to buy it at.. well thats all you need! Just make some money, and save up. Eventually you'll get it.

If your to young to understand WE then wait until your older and try it.

Edit: You say that TFT sucks.... dumb statement everything is better in TFT...and how would you know it sucks if you haven't tried it...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.