Why would this happen?

Uszi

Reaction score
I have a healing spell in my map, based on heal.

It worked initially.
I've made a few more triggers, and while testing the map I tried to heal myself...

It wouldn't heal. I spent mana, I used my casting animation, but I recovered no health. It wasn't that I couldn't target myself: I got the normal messages, if I was at full health, etc.

Also: I tried to use a healing solve, and I couldn't use it on myself. Not that I got an error message: I would target myself, but the salve would just sit in my inventory, and I would not heal. The selection circle flashed and everything.

Can anyone think of anything that could cause this?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is your triggers.
Show them to us and we'll see.

Uszi

Reaction score
Map not in the folder I saved it in.

A few triggers is a bit of an understatement... I triggered a lot of things.

Here's the weird part though: It randomly started working again.

I was doing some tests on my map to see if what was going on. I opened up an older version I have saved on my computer, where the healing worked. Then I used the newer version where the healing didn't. I noticed that everything was happening, except the buff for the healing was not appearing or was being removed.

Anyway, I started trying to fix it, and I saved the file under a new name. The healing started working again. I didn't really mess with any triggers that should have fixed it, I don't think... Did changing the name of the file fix it?

One set of triggers I was messing with was my anti-friendly fire ones. The Healing Salve canceling looks a little like what happens when you use the old "A unit is attacked --> Attacked unit is an ally of Attacking Unit --> Order Attacking unit to stop." But I figure if that was somehow keeping Heal from firing, it shouldn't cost you mana and you shouldn't use your animation, right?

-------------------------------

Also: Here's a weird bug: he map does not appear where I saved it. Right now I have like 10 saves of the same map in 3 or 4 different folders, because I can't find it anywhere. I was trying to test this map out with some friends, and I couldn't host the game because the map wasn't in the folder I had saved it in.

Any thoughts on that?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
do you sometimes hit your harddrive if you are frustrated?
i got the same problem but its my pc and not the map i had.

(no that i would ever beat my harddrive nor kick it...really.)

Uszi

Reaction score
Heh, No. But I am working with a laptop that gets a little tossed around in my back-pack.

It's not like I can't see the file in windows----It's there. Definitely.

It's not there when I'm looking at the folder in wc3 though.

Denegoth

Reaction score
Heh, No. But I am working with a laptop that gets a little tossed around in my back-pack.

It's not like I can't see the file in windows----It's there. Definitely.

It's not there when I'm looking at the folder in wc3 though.

I believe maps don't show if the file name is too big or if the map is above 4mb or something like that (I might be remembering max file size wrong)

Uszi

Reaction score
I believe maps don't show if the file name is too big or if the map is above 4mb or something like that (I might be remembering max file size wrong)

If it's 4mb (I believe it is) then I'm fine.

The fine name is like "Army of the Dead v.beta2" or something like that. I could see how that might be too long.

I have a shortened version called "AotD v.Beta2" that isn't showing up either though.

Uszi

Reaction score
Bump.

Is the long name really the reason why my map is not showing up when I try to find it in-game?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.