WIP and finished screenshots

Oh my god I got goosebumps when I took this screen. This is my new favorite one, very dark, and grim. Another reason why is because those damn orbs took me an hour to friggin finish. This picture is for the ending cinematic, which is a Warcraft III music video (sounds cheesy when you say it...) with alot of fighting. I've spent about 2 weeks on the cinematic, trying to trigger all the damn animations, fighting scenes, and feel for it. It's got a surprise ending, so I won't say anymore:).

I think I nailed the feeling for the screen, but something just doesn't feel right. I don't know how I'm going to fit this into the map without player's noticing this place before the cinematic, since the map is pretty open for players to explore. So tell me what you think, I really need feedback on this one.

I also wanted to say that I really love this project I'm working on, for one, I love the gameplay (I know, I know, I'm the one creating it:p), and I love how I'm able to fit all the parts of maps I love into this. For example, I love how I'm able to fit Unreal Tournament 2004 into this, and how I'm able to create something similar to The_Great_Noob's The Vision (An action cinematic).

I don't know if you noticed, but I did use alot of Ability effects on this one(LOL).

[EDIT]Changed the camera slightly, made it darker.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/XXconanXXX/Greatestscreen.jpg

HOLY CRAP!!

wow.. that is....wow. lol. u did plenty of things i didnt even know ya could do. extremely nice work!!! 6 stars any day.

its reakky nice how you got that giant infernal ther in that teleport effect, it gives it kinda a magic god being look. but i cant tell if that infernal is a unit, of a building.

anyways, there are planty of special effects in there, all over the place, nice work conan.

I made the orbs floating now, making it cooler during the battle, but you can't notice a difference in a screenshot.

Just bumping this again.

wow thats some pretty neat stuff do u make the screen shots on the game or the editor?

Hey this looks awsome good job! is there a beta test or soemthing? if there is i wanna be envolved!

Tight!! i like the model is that new or part of the original?

He's a new model that Miseracord made, he's personally my favorite model ever. My favorite hero in my map is, of course, Sol'ta, who resembles Fedaykin from Tides of Blood, my favorite hero of ALL TIME.

With Sol'ta's Perpetual Delay, it was hard as hell getting projectiles to freeze. You can't tell in the screenshot since it's a screenshot, but those creeps and the Deimos are totally frozen, except Sol'ta, of course.

Alot fo the spells in my map use fade filters, since they look awesome, and look lag the game;).

I'll give some more screenshots in a little bit, if I can set them up right with Deimos ultimate Heinous Debacle and his Elutriate Incise.

hmmm wat is your goal with all this wat is the competition really based on? is this gonna be a playable map or just images

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15269

Playable AoS map with tons of modes, such as Mutant, CTF, Monster, Capture, and tons of others with quests. You basically raid the deserted expansion bases across the map to make a link to your opponents' base, Everything is based around the basic AoS three lane-creep driving-hero kiulling concept, but with some new twists.

hmmm wats type of AoS like are there gonna be multi races unlike Dota?

(hehehe check out my post hope you can respond :D)

The base concept is based off Tides of Blood actually, but it's not the same as DotA. I focused on making quality heroes rather than quuantity. About 20 in this map, I will most likely make more once I get some good idea for hero ideas. Alot mroe modes and commands than DotA and Tides of Blood, and the terrain is much more colorful. Terrain might not be top noch, but I like. I'll add a few mroe screenshots in a little bit.

That's pretty cool looking, but tell the modeler/skinner that they need to add a little more flavor to the helmet :D

(I think the helmet could use some work. Otherwise, mister orc is cool looking. It's a lot better than LoL's Dark Paladin dude. That guy just doesn't look right.)

(I think the helmet could use some work. Otherwise, mister orc is cool looking. It's a lot better than LoL's Dark Paladin dude. That guy just doesn't look right.)

Yeah, I agree. It looks kind of funny.

One week or two, I don't know, depends.

No screenshots for now, but once I finish the new and improved Human Encampment, I'll show some pics, it's turning out to look very nice.

thanks for these nice terriasn pictures .. now my survival map should look better

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.