Work In Progress

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
Work In Progress - DONE

Link: http://www.atrocitygaming.org/

Just something that I did for fun, and now turned to reality since a good friend actually wanted to go through with it.

The site is now scripted off of phpBB using their databases, etc to create a "frontpage" effect instead of a forum list when entering the forums.

It took about 3 hours to script it into the forum system. (I had to do it myself, couldn't find a "Frontpage" mod for phpBB3 that I liked.)

Registration is no longer required to entire the site, but is required to post/create topics.

All I ask is just view the pages on the navigation menu on the left other than the forums, and see if you find any visible errors. Or if you have any feedback, good or bad.

One page in particular, the Join Us page. I added the Google Suggest functionality for the country field (instead of a 200+ list of countrys in a select option). I had some problems with it just a few minutes ago, but I think I fixxed it, play around with it, type in random stuff see if it continues to work, and if it doesn't.

Thanks!

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice, I saw it a while ago and forgot to comment, but I will now.

I really like it. The centered look looks really good. The background image looks cool behind the login form. The only bad thing I can find about it is the "atro" bit of the title is really hard to read in that colour, but the "city" part is fine.

I'm looking forwards to seeing the whole site :)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
In IE6 it looks weird :p. The borders at top and bottom are not are their places.

Will try to hack the system, dunno if I will manage anything.

EDIT: In form inputs, size is not the right way to limit characters. It should be
Code:
maxlength="20"

And it's pretty clear that the site is not xhtml compliant at all :p.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have just tried in IE7 and the username field is yellow, but in FireFox (3) it is just plain white like the password field. Is that meant to be yellow?

Batman

Reaction score
Nice and simple design. But there is one thing that looks odd to me. The texts "atro" and "register". The "atro" is a bit hard to see properly because it is too light and the "register" seems to blend in with the logo a bit, personally I don't like that.

Btw, I can host the site for you at my Batcave, all you have to do is be a snitch and give me info on the criminals of TheHelper City.

TFlan

Reaction score
thanks for the input. helped me fixed the main site as well.

About the IE problems, once I'm not lazy I'll download the IE -> Firefox -> IE plugin for Firefox (i completely uninstalled IE), since the release of 3.0 i never bothered to update anything...

the site title "atrocity" is two different colors on purpose. would adding a more contrasting color as a background do it for you?

trying to keep it dark/subtle any hexes you know of that would make it pop out a tad more?

as for the register, I'm unable to see what you mean? the dark red behind the bright red seems find on my screen. may just be personal settings for my monitor.

btw, im not limited characters, so size is good for me : )

EDIT::
Main site accessible with registration.

So far I'm just playing around with random banners, content graphics, layouts, etc

I need alot of input, trying tomake it easy on the eyes, and easy to navigate through. So far it's filled with dummy text, forums script is made but i disabled until a get a solid layout. (same with every other page)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think the full site is really nice. I can't find much wrong with it at the moment, but I will keep checking :p

Reaction score
After i register i get this

Code:
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/miserylb.freehostia.com/atrocity/php/functions.php on line 20

Warning: mysql_num_fields(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/miserylb.freehostia.com/atrocity/php/functions.php

But i still registered

Also can i suggest a free host?

Its equiped with cpanel and allows 1gb of space no ads.

www.dotlayer.com

TFlan

Reaction score
The error is created from this function:
PHP:
function query($q){
    $result = mysql_query($q);
    if($result!=false){
        $results[0] = $result;
        $results[1] = mysql_num_rows($results[0]);
        $results[2] = mysql_num_fields($results[0]);
        for($i=0;$i<$results[1];$i++){
            for($f=0;$f<$results[2];$f++){
                $field = mysql_field_name($results[0], $f);
                $a = $i + 3;
                $results[$a][$field] = mysql_result($results[0], $i, $field);
            }
        }
        return $results;
    }else{
        return false;
    }
}

It creates that error because when you register it does this: $results = query("SQL Here");

When your SQL is INSERT INTO, as the case is for registering there is no valid mysql resource for getting the num_rows and fields.

Thanks, and the problem is fixxed.

TFlan

Reaction score
trying to get a good layout for the topics and posts

><

TFlan

Reaction score
currently making my own

but looking to how i can integrate other forums into my site

Reaction score
I dont think it should be that hard to integrate forums , just modify the theme so it looks like your site but just with the forums.

TFlan

Reaction score
that's the easy part... trying to find all the stupid cookies and session variables a forum uses is the hard part... then making your login page match that...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.