World Editor: Normal or Problem?

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Okay, I have this little problem and I want to ask you guys if it's normal or a problem. Okay, here's the problem for me:

Each time I play Warcraft 3, I sometimes open WE. When I want to save my map, it causes an error to appear. Is it because my Warcraft 3 is running or is it a normal problem and wants you out of the game?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Generally, trying to overwrite a file that is already opened by another application is not a very good idea...

> wants you out of the game?

Sounds good, yes.

Master

Thou shall be helped by...The Black Adder!
Reaction score
You should not have Warcraft and WE open at the same time.
You cannot save like that.
About the overwrite, it actually cannot happen. How can you play something and save it the same time?

S

Shadowics

Warcraft 3 'locks' what ever map file it is currently using, to prevent errors or cheating caused by someone editing the map file in the background.

You don't have to completely quit out of Warcraft 3, however, just go to a screen (like 'Custom Game') where the list of maps is displayed, and click on a different one. You don't have to play it or anything, just selecting a different map will cause Warcraft 3 to release it's lock on the first map, allowing you to save your map and then switch back to it.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Warcraft 3 'locks' what ever map file it is currently using, to prevent errors or cheating caused by someone editing the map file in the background.

You don't have to completely quit out of Warcraft 3, however, just go to a screen (like 'Custom Game') where the list of maps is displayed, and click on a different one. You don't have to play it or anything, just selecting a different map will cause Warcraft 3 to release it's lock on the first map, allowing you to save your map and then switch back to it.

Okay, your explaination makes sense. Thanks for the help guys :D.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.