Wut do U think dota needs 2 be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe94

Reaction score
Im doin an Aos map, and i want to make it fun 2 play, i want a list of stuff that you like in dota and stuff u want to see in Dota (fun, or not fun)

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You want to Copy Dota?Well,On Dota Is Doing about 20 people....So you really can't compare to it..

But DotA Is very fun In all waves...

Moe94

Reaction score
no..

im sayin that dota is an Aos and im doing an Aos, what do u think Aos maps need to be better? improvements thats all..

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Balance between heroes, in my opinion the heroes is not so well balanced at all in DotA. Also you should gain gold depending on damage and not kills, this would solve the fragsteal problem.

Ommi

Reaction score
I think dota just nailed everything you want in an AoS,

tactics, economy management, clever itemization, well designed intresting heroes that are balanced.

The only thing about dota is that on puplic games it useally ends up beeing that one team dominates the otherone so much that they generally dont have a way to "comeback" in the match, but in competitive games this isnt an issue, so I really dont know.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Wut do U think dota needs 2 be better?

Use damage detection system for SB, SA, Ursa etc (especially SB). Too imba.

> what do u think Aos maps need to be better?

In my opinion, no need anything better. Just make sure abilities are fine and balanced. And try make it a simple AoS. Fast one. Or a mini one. Else, people would just go play DotA instead of yours (strictly, only my opinion).

You use DotA too much. It's not advisable. Sometimes it creates 'discomfort'.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
> Wut do U think dota needs 2 be better?
The removal of all blinks, the hero Axe, the hero Gondar, the hero Zeus and nerfing Furion hard.

Tzepesch

Reaction score
All this leads to one conclusion. The map maker needs advanced math to rebalance everything. Damage, health, jammers, ass-savers, all that stuff.

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents:

Unlike other genres of maps of WC3 custom game world, AOS is completely dominated by Dota. Part of the reason "People play it" is due to lots of support from the outside; There are lots of web sites which dedicate to strategies of each Hero on "how to become strong"; There are many discussion on what new hero to implement; There are even contest for Hero Backgrounds or remodeling of icons. Simply put: Dota is almost like a game itself, rather then just an attached game which comes with WC3, with support, discussions, guides and a big community behind it.

So even if you make a new AOS which is as good as Dota with good item structures, and similar number of well thought + well designed + balanced Heroes, Most people would still stick to dota.

So instead of fighting an uphill battle, why not make something similar yet different. An AOS which have "something" that can steal a portion of the "Dota Crowd".

I don't know what that "Something would be, because if I did, I would have work on it already :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.