Yaroze Wrapper tool from Dragon Shadow

Discussion in 'NUON-Dome General Discussion' started by doctorclu, Aug 3, 2016.

1. doctorclu

doctorclu You can change this now in User CP.

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Doctor Clu (DC):
    ... So what I wanted to ask tonight is about Yaroze. Sounds like there is a extensive portable library, and you were all working on a system that would translate things easier during the porting process to the Nuon?

I was wondering where the Yaroze library is, and how to go about porting them?

Scott Cartier (SC):
    Greetings!

I've kind of disengaged from the community. Glad to know there are still folks out there interested in Nuon.

The Yaroze-to-Nuon library was something I developed. It's mostly a wrapper for the Yaroze library function calls and thus requires access to the source code for the Yaroze project. It's far from a plug-and-play thing. While you might get something running quickly, tuning it for performance takes a lot of under-the-hood debugging. I had to pull so many tricks to get Invs working satisfactorily!

DC:
    Is there any chance I could play with the wrapper, and is the Yaroze source code readily available?

SC:
    Sure. I'll need to dig out the code. For the games, you'll need to track down their source separately.

DC:
    I appreciate that! :D Mind if I share that on the Nuon-Dome archives?

SC:
    Please do. I'd be tickled if anyone did anything with it.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Skah T

Skah T Former VML engineer

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    gogogo!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stephen

Stephen You can change this now in User CP.

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Excellent find Clu! Thanks for sharing this Skah.

4. doctorclu

doctorclu You can change this now in User CP.

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0